Roman Tourist

chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited April 1, 2006 in People
My wife captured this image of a Roman tourist which displays the wonderful virtues of the Canon 135L lens. I'm not sure the tourist is all that interesting but my wife likes him...

RomanPeople_05.jpg

RomanTourist_05.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    No piccies. ne_nau.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    No piccies. ne_nau.gif

:): I believe it's fixed now David.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    That lens is buttery smooth isn't it? You and Humungus have proved to me I need to add it to my kit bag.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    nice but only 1....a very nicely comped white box and red X...very well done have never seen one better.:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 31, 2006
    rahmonster wrote:
    That lens is buttery smooth isn't it? You and Humungus have proved to me I need to add it to my kit bag.
    thumb.gif

It's very nice rahmonster. It will take some practice to get consistently good results. If you're on the fence, I hope that photo will help with your decision. It's black and compact...
    edited March 31, 2006
    It's a nice shot. The tourist has that kind of ruddy skin that will always have more magenta than yellow, but I think you could get it more pleasing by getting more yellow in the skin, and offset his ruddiness a bit. Try setting the gray point on the black of his jacket. I thought it brought the color into a more reasonable range.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited April 1, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    It's a nice shot. The tourist has that kind of ruddy skin that will always have more magenta than yellow, but I think you could get it more pleasing by getting more yellow in the skin, and offset his ruddiness a bit. Try setting the gray point on the black of his jacket. I thought it brought the color into a more reasonable range.

Are you sure the skin color isn't accurate due to the consumption of Chianti that he likely consumed during his stay there? :):
    edited April 1, 2006
    chuckh wrote:
    Are you sure the skin color isn't accurate due to the consumption of Chianti that he likely consumed during his stay there? :):

Could be, Chuck!
    Moderator Emeritus