Problems

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited April 1, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying for quite a long time to upload a photo into a thread for opinons on CH61...it took almost an hour to get 1 photo to "TAKE" - Feather and Lava but I cannot get anything but a white box with red X when I try to upload / insert the next one (titled Train Wheel)
Gallery link:
http://contemporary-visions.smugmug.com/gallery/1253645

Also as I was typing this I tried to go back and fix typos...as I tried to make corrections my words were being deleted ....for example in the first line I ran together longtime......I put the cursor between the g & t and hit the space bar....instead of a space ... it deleted the "T"........now I got to work by submitting my post and the coming in to edit it.

This post is being done in IE....I use FF for all my up loading and things...so pics that I want to bring to Dgrin are opened in FF and the links copied and then brought to Dgrin on IE.....
I did try vice / versa and the same thing.
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    I have been trying for quite a long time to upload a photo into a thread for opinons on CH61...it took almost an hour to get 1 photo to "TAKE" - Feather and Lava but I cannot get anything but a white box with red X when I try to upload / insert the next one (titled Train Wheel)
    Gallery link:
    http://contemporary-visions.smugmug.com/gallery/1253645

Also as I was typing this I tried to go back and fix typos...as I tried to make corrections my words were being deleted ....for example in the first line I ran together longtime......I put the cursor between the g & t and hit the space bar....instead of a space ... it deleted the "T"........now I got to work by submitting my post and the coming in to edit it.

This post is being done in IE....I use FF for all my up loading and things...so pics that I want to bring to Dgrin are opened in FF and the links copied and then brought to Dgrin on IE.....
    I did try vice / versa and the same thing.
    Art,

Were you using the Universal Drag and Drop Browser? Firefox?
    Delete all cookies and temp files (cache) in FF.
    Close, reopen.

Let me know...

Andy
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Art,

Were you using the Universal Drag and Drop Browser? Firefox?
    Delete all cookies and temp files (cache) in FF.
    Close, reopen.

Let me know...

Andy

I was uploading thru FF as usual.....this page:

spacer.gif your photos | logout | help ||spacer.gif

spacer.gifadd a photo to: DGRIN CHALLENGES (Not the uploader you wanted? We have others!)WARNING: After hitting "add photos", it can take a long time to upload. Don't continue to browse the web in this window, or your upload won't finish properly.How many photos would you like to upload at once? 1 2-5 6-10 11-25 26-50 photo 1 >

news | browse | keywords | communities | forum | hacking | gear | prints & gifts | shopping cart | logout
    terms | privacy | about us | contact smugmug | blogs | affiliates | © 2006 smugmug, inc.

updating...

Is the above what you termed the UNI drg / drp uploader?

I chose 2-5 photos and uploaded...seemed great until I went to change from small to large and the links only produced the white sq / red X....

I never Browse while uploading...I try to heed all warnings to make things go as smoothly as possible. :-)

I just back to FF and took a look at the Possibility for CH61 thread and there were no pic, no white box with red X...notta...nuttin....zilch .....strange....Oh yes I cleared all my caches and cookies and such..FF and IE...Still no good....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited April 1, 2006
    still no change....
    I went into FF and deleted all cookies and temp files....did same in IE and also physically went into my docu -sttings and deletd any cookies and temps there also...restarted computer....

Still no changene_nau.gifne_nau.gif

Andy Your the Mod for the Challenge threads...go ahead and delete my thread and I will delete and re-upload the pics and try to start an opinon thread again....

Thanks for the help as always..

edited April 1, 2006
    It was not the uni drg / drp upldr I was using.....I use the standard that lacks automation...which is how I always upload to smuggy acct.

I just went and deleted both photos and ran the jpegs thru save as again and kept at a #10 to see if anything changes....both are original size at 72dpi....

edited April 1, 2006
    I have no clue as to what happened but they both seem to be on the thread now...I deleted my smuggy files and re-ran the jpgs thru save as ...and I guess that must have compressed just enuff to work....

edited April 1, 2006
    A last request.....could you add an now working or something so that those whom came and nicely responded will know the piccies are upper loaded smug-properly....

Thanks

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    A last request.....could you add an now working or something so that those whom came and nicely responded will know the piccies are upper loaded smug-properly....

Thanks

Art, I deleted your thread, and then came back here to respond, when I saw this post. I restored your thread, but I gotta tell you, I see no piccies.

In the future, it would be helpful if you provided the link to the thread in question....
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 1, 2006
    Art

1) use the Universal Uploader, it works the best :)
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-pictures

2) your gallery is set to BLOCK external links. Fix that, and the links will show up:
    edited April 1, 2006
    Thanks for making me feel like an idgit....:D
    Think all is well....have posted again.

edited April 1, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Thanks for making me feel like an idgit....:D
    Think all is well....have posted again.

wave.gif no worries, Art! It happens all the time to any of us.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif no worries, Art! It happens all the time to any of us.

:uhoh
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 1, 2006
    THANKS AGAIN....thumb.gif