First Attempt With Canon 10-22mm...

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited April 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
I'm bored tonight so I'm going to post some shots I might otherwise not post!!! :rofl I finally broke down and bought my Canon 20D and bought the EFS10-22mm f/3/5-4/5 lens. So my first day out "shooting" with my first DSLR and first ever wide angle lens. Recipe for disaster, right??? Some of it was! It was very overcast, so I can blame some on the lighting and some on user error. OK, Alot on user error. Anyway, I felt a little uncomfortable at first stopping by the Crystal Cathedral on a day of worship, however, I wasn't the only one there with a camera so that made me more comfortable quickly. Awesome place...Comments welcome.

62308673-L.jpg

62308670-L.jpg

62308674-L.jpg

I can see NOW that it is going to take a lot of thinking ahead to line up shots with this lens....especially of architecture!!!

62308675-L.jpg

Wraps around corners nicely, though.

62308349-L.jpg

Wow, I can get the whole tower in one frame!!!!

62304823-L.jpg

This was an odd, but interesting angle...two sides of a building looking like one...and boy is that bell tower leaning!

62308750-L.jpg

Black and white for the white rail and flowers...
62304826-L.jpg

And the obligital disaster shot....Look out Italy, we have our own leaning tower!!!!!
62307062-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Gosh.......
    saurora wrote:
    I'm bored tonight so I'm going to post some shots I might otherwise not post!!! rolleyes1.gif I finally broke down and bought my Canon 20D and bought the EFS10-22mm f/3/5-4/5 lens. So my first day out "shooting" with my first DSLR and first ever wide angle lens. Recipe for disaster, right??? Some of it was! It was very overcast, so I can blame some on the lighting and some on user error. OK, Alot on user error. Anyway, I felt a little uncomfortable at first stopping by the Crystal Cathedral on a day of worship, however, I wasn't the only one there with a camera so that made me more comfortable quickly. Awesome place...Comments welcome.
    I can see NOW that it is going to take a lot of thinking ahead to line up shots with this lens....especially of architecture!!!

Wraps around corners nicely, though.
    Wow, I can get the whole tower in one frame!!!!
    This was an odd, but interesting angle...two sides of a building looking like one...and boy is that bell tower leaning!
    Black and white for the white rail and flowers...
    And the obligital disaster shot....Look out Italy, we have our own leaning tower!!!!!

Gosh.......the lens performs very nicely doens't it, you sure can fit a lot in on a single frame eek7.gif
    Great reflection off that building thumb.gif I bet your very pleased with this lot.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Congrats! Isn't it fun to explore what your new stuff can do?
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    62304826-L.jpg

This is my favourit. :): Nice composition and nice B&W :):
    Are you happier now ? thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Way to go Sauroraclap.gif Looks like you are havng fun, nice shots allthumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    congratulation Great pictures
    Weldone it looks like a worthy lens and camera
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Wow what a church!
    Thats a fantastic lens. And wow those black and whites are great!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Cool! You did good! I have that lens, and I love it. For drama or just plain good shots, the 400 Prime and the 10-22 can't be beaten!

I use other lenses. Am using the 70-200 f2.8 at the rookery more. But I always get something good with the 10-22. Wise purchase and good use of it! Love your blk/wh conversions!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Gosh.......the lens performs very nicely doens't it, you sure can fit a lot in on a single frame eek7.gif
    Great reflection off that building thumb.gif I bet your very pleased with this lot.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Initially I was disappointed (my exposures were way off) but the more I look at them the more I like them! It is amazing to be able to get so much in your frame. These structures were so incredible it was hard to focus on what I was doing, especially for my first shoot-out with camera and lens. I love the dual reflection shot. Thanks, Skippy.
    edited April 2, 2006
    marlof wrote:
    Congrats! Isn't it fun to explore what your new stuff can do?
    You're right Marloff......it's more than fun!!! :D Plus even the "mistakes" are entertaining!
    edited April 2, 2006
    62304826-L.jpg

This is my favourit. :): Nice composition and nice B&W :):
    Are you happier now ? thumb.gif

Thanks, Antonio. This one just begged for black and white! I am feeling better about these thanks to everyone's kind comments. I love Dgrin. iloveyou.gif
    edited April 2, 2006
    congratulation Great pictures
    Weldone it looks like a worthy lens and camera
    I think it's going to be a great lens, Awais....I'm glad I bought it!
    edited April 2, 2006
    rahmonster wrote:
    Wow what a church!
    Thats a fantastic lens. And wow those black and whites are great!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Rahmonster!!! bowdown.gif
    edited April 2, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Way to go Sauroraclap.gif Looks like you are havng fun, nice shots allthumb.gif
    Thanks, Thusie...I am having a blast...just wish I had more time to shoot!! I purchased the Camdapter hand strap you recommended to me a while back. Works great, camera feels much more secure in my hands. Thanks! thumb.gif
    edited April 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Cool! You did good! I have that lens, and I love it. For drama or just plain good shots, the 400 Prime and the 10-22 can't be beaten!

I use other lenses. Am using the 70-200 f2.8 at the rookery more. But I always get something good with the 10-22. Wise purchase and good use of it! Love your blk/wh conversions!

ginger

Thanks, Ginger. I think it's going to a fun lens and make me think outside the (camera) box a little more. I would love to have your 400 Prime, and the 70-200!!! I am debating something long distance right now....can't decide, can't decide....rolleyes1.gif
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Wow great shots! So you are a new 20D owner too? I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm still learning! I got the 24-105mm F4L IS as my first lens because I wanted a general purpose lens to start out. But I almost wish I went wider.

I love your photos. Very cool.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
    edited April 3, 2006
    juliejules wrote:
    Wow great shots! So you are a new 20D owner too? I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm still learning! I got the 24-105mm F4L IS as my first lens because I wanted a general purpose lens to start out. But I almost wish I went wider.

I love your photos. Very cool.

Thanks Julie, I splurged and bought the 10-22mm and the 24-105mm F4L IS like you did. Haven't had a chance to use it much. It had such great write-ups and I liked having the range it offers. Seemed to be a great all-around lens. Plus it is lighter weight than the 24-70mm F2.8L. It's a very solid feeling lens though and I am anxious to put it through it's paces! Good luck with yours. Now all I need is a LONG lens!!!!! :D