Ascendance preview, thoughts?

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited April 3, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This challenge is posing to be a pretty hard project. Here is one shot I came up with. Hopefully I'll get more ideas before the day is over. Tell me what you think.

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    I like your picture.thumb.gif
    I suggest you correct the perpective... Vertical lines as so.:):
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    I like it....the askew lines..give it a Hitchcock feel....thumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    I like it....the askew lines..give it a Hitchcock feel....thumb.gif

I'm feeling that a perspective correction would be an improvement, but I'm not sure. Maybe you could try it and we could compare. ne_nau.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    This challenge is posing to be a pretty hard project. Here is one shot I came up with. Hopefully I'll get more ideas before the day is over. Tell me what you think.

thumb.gif I think the perspective of the lines helps to give the image depth. Once again it took me a moment to find the spot of color, I think that's a good sign for an image in this challenge. The only thing I find slighty distracting about the image is the noise/breakup in the upper left corner.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    I would leave it as is...I think if you try to fix the perspective for the majority of the shot, the vertical line on the right (closest to you) will begin to tilt. I think it works pretty well for the challenge. thumb.gif
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    thanks for your replies everyone. i'm not sure what some of you are saying about the perspective, did you want to see a different angle or something? this viewpoint, to me, was its most interesting viewpoint. i looked at it straight from the bottom but it looked too dull. i sort of wanted to focus on one window and allow the rest of the windows to just fade out, ascending as the distance increases.

I cleaned up the noise and used better jpeg compression here, I hope that fixes the original image's problem:

Ascendance.jpg

I was hoping of shooting something this afternoon which had some b/w and color feel to it, but the sun just went down with an overcast in the sky, the lighting is not on my side this evening.

I'll try taking and submitting one more photo tonight, just check back later if you can and give me your thoughts before the deadline arrives. Thanks again.
    edited April 2, 2006
    Oh yeah, check this out, I turned it upside down instead, 'Descendance', haha. I guess this is like one of those half-empty/half-full situations.

Descendance.jpg

Descendance.jpg
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    Definitely..........upside down!!!! thumb.gif
  • TopRowTopRow Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    wow, the upside-down image is eerie, but captivating. The bottom quarter almost feels like a painting. Nice photo! It certainly fits the challenge very well.
    edited April 2, 2006
    really you think so? alright alright. i guess ill go with the falling perspective. hah.
  • turnipturnip Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    reminds me of escher for some reason. very cool shot. makes me dizzy in a good way. nice and clean - well done.
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    yeah, the cleaner versions rock... either up or down.clap.gif
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    wow...
    After seeing the original the up-side down version looks strange at first, but it's a better one. Good work, good choice, good luck.
    clap.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 3, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    really you think so? alright alright. i guess ill go with the falling perspective. hah.

excellent thumb.gif
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Descendance.jpg
    This is better, much better and I think, now, it does not need perspective correction !:D
    Like diving in hell !...:D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    First thing that came to mind was BRAZIL, the Gilliam film. very cool
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    Upside-downthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2006
    I think both are good, but the upside down version is superb.

Sam
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 3, 2006
    don't you think a landscape format would suit this pic much better?--

nah!!!

great photo either way-

george
    edited April 3, 2006
    Hey thanks again everyone for your input. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.clap.gif