More Bouldering at Pipelines

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited April 7, 2006 in Sports
The day started much more overcast than last week which helped with more even lighting

First problem of the day small edges but an easy line
62573376-M.jpg

Topping out
62573428-M.jpg

Me trying to rock over on small sketchy foot holds
62574637-M.jpg

Thin moves up a very blank slab
62577783-M.jpg

Chilling under a partially burnt out Jarrah tree
62580387-M.jpg

Dyno-ing for the lip
62579030-M.jpg

Cheers for looking :):
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 5, 2006
    Nice ones Mushy thumb.gif

I have always wondered if using a fill flash would cause any problems for the climbers? I mean I know if they were staring at the flash when it fired, that wouldn't be good. But, I mean when they are climbing and especially in mixed lighting?

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Good stuff, I like number three the best. Gotta love #5 though, that part is half the fun. :D

As for flashes, it generally isn't a problem. I guess it really depends on the person though, some don't like their picture taken at all, and climbers are a rather random quirky bunch of people. rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2006
    cheers to both of you for the comments, in regards to the flash I do try it from time to time and the climbers don't seem to have a problem with it. It's something i definitely need to experiment with more.
    You are right about pic 5 Coldclimb feeding your face of whatever you grabbed from the bakery on the way in is always satisfying after a full mornings boulder session.
    May I take your picture?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2006
    Thanks mushy. I love these shots of sports I don't know much about. Great stuff.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 7, 2006
    I really dig this shot:

62574637-S.jpg

While the more up close and intense action shots are fun, this is the sport in a different sort of way. I like it! now if only the crash pad was cloned out...
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]