More than one in a print

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in People
Hi,
I've been trying recently to make pictures that incorporate more than one picture. I liked the idea when I saw it from a local photographer. It stands out more.
Here are two I tried.
Tell me what you think.
The First is Franco, a boy I met during a play.
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    And the second is me.
    This is probably over-done but I didn't know what to add/not to add. So, many memories to bring in.
    Thanks for looking,
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    I don't think it stands out more at all. You have some great shots that stand out on their own.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 4, 2006
    hope you can do it as well as I can-

if you need any help, let me know-

57621407-L.jpg

george
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Your right Labs.
    There are some shots that I really like by themselves that have a lot of spirit. I was just thinking that it was something different to offer people.
    Ashley
    4labs wrote:
    I don't think it stands out more at all. You have some great shots that stand out on their own.
    Green is the way to be!
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Ash - the 1st shot is really good, very expressive eyes and great catchlights from big windows. Plus you got a self-portrait in his eyes too! It think the BW would stand on its own nicely.

As for yours, the main shot, the upper left one and the reflection of yourself with 2 different expressions are all very cool. It's not that the others aren't good, but they are probably more meaningful to you because of the memories attached. But the 3 I mentioned I'd love to see by themselves full size.

The technique is neat, and can be interesting. I was struck by the first one though - I thought he was holding an actual photograph of someone else, kind of mirroring what he sees in that person's expression. That could be a cool thing to try sometime.

Thanks for posting these, creativity is a good thing and needs to be prodded out of people! thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 4, 2006
    alright, ashley, I give up; you win-

yours are slightly better than mine-

george
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    i would love to see the original black and white in the first picture, without the color picture blocking it. it looks absolutely incredible.
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    for the first post, I'd say leave each separate... they are each great and shouldn't distract one another

for the second post, way too busy (you knew that), but I like the idea of something below "boogie man," I just think it should mesh very closely (def b/w) with the larger pic... i don't see what would fit from what you have here, but I think something would
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    If you could blend them into one another better I think it would improve them as a whole.