keeps logging me out

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Why is it now that whenever I close my internet browser window I get logged out now...and I still have no answer on why we can't use apostrophes anymore.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Why is it now that whenever I close my internet browser window I get logged out now...and I still have no answer on why we can't use apostrophes anymore.

Richard,

I'm checking on number one. Number 2, you'll have to be more specific please.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Well, now its not logging me out any more. Did it to me three times, now its back to normal.

On number 2 I had another post about it. For a long time when naming subcategories and galleries, we couldn't use apostrophes. Then that was changed and we could use apostrophes. Now it appears we can't use apostrophes anymore.
    edited April 4, 2006
    Well, now its not logging me out any more. Did it to me three times, now its back to normal.

On number 2 I had another post about it. For a long time when naming subcategories and galleries, we couldn't use apostrophes. Then that was changed and we could use apostrophes. Now it appears we can't use apostrophes anymore.

We changed that a while back:

You can only have spaces, dashes, and alphanumeric characters in Category and Subcategory names.
    edited April 4, 2006
    In that case, let me issue forth a soap opera-eqsue

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    In that case, let me issue forth a soap opera-eqsue

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

If I remember the memo that I got correctly, the reason was to "annoy marlinspike".
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 5, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    If I remember the memo that I got correctly, the reason was to "annoy marlinspike".

'Zactly. Well, that, and any other characters b0rk the page. And THEN how many hoops pics will you sell? naughty.gif
    edited April 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    'Zactly. Well, that, and any other characters b0rk the page. And THEN how many hoops pics will you sell? naughty.gif

Well...does that mean I should get rid of the apostrophes the subcatergory names that do have them? I guess it's better to consistently look like I don't know how to use the possesive than to switch back and forth anyways.

As far as sales...just checked my sales stats, 2 orders since I last checked for a whopping $27.20 profit ($33.52 gross)...woo woooooo (yeah...in case anyone can't tell, that's sarcasm, I realize how small potatoes that is).
    Seriously though, in what way does it bork the page? I mean...considering the only people who would buy photos from me are people who get an e-mail telling them where the photos are, I don't really need google to find it...maybe you could leave apostrophes on for guys like me. Is the fact that I have apostrophes the reason why I don't show up on google?

Also, another feature I'd like just for guys like me (i.e. low sales) is to get an e-mail notification each time an order is made.
    Richard
    edited April 5, 2006
    Is the fact that I have apostrophes the reason why I don't show up on google?

Nope. How's your photo keyword situation? Have you read through all the tips in my pro tips thread, and the other threads in MYOB on google optimization?
    edited April 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Nope. How's your photo keyword situation? Have you read through all the tips in my pro tips thread, and the other threads in MYOB on google optimization?

My photo keyword situation is....backed up. Actually, if I stick "smugmug" in as one of the search terms I show up near/at the top.