Options

F is for Hot

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
As some here predicted, Apple's MacBookPro has some birthing niggles to work out. Early adoptors are feeling the pain.

Users have reported issues of irregular Airport connections, screen flicker when the brightness is set to the lowest setting, and uncomfortably warm running temperature, especially over the F key.

But as Andy will be sure to point out, Apple's groovy customer service is all over it. :lol3
As a result, Apple, which has admitted that these issues do exist on more than an anecdotal level, has started to replace the motherboard inside the computers. Starting with revision D (serial number W8611), Apple has fixed many of the reported problems and will be replacing affected MacBooks with this newer version at customers' requests.
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Well.....you baited the hook. Now let's see if you get any nibbles.naughty.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    wxwax wrote:

But as Andy will be sure to point out, Apple's groovy customer service is all over it. lol3.gif

I'm sure glad I didn't buy one. Yet.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'm sure glad I didn't buy one. Yet.

i'm gonna make my phonecall to applecare after i read some confirmation that the processor noise has been resolved.

yeah, it gets hot but mine is hot on the bottom. my F key is as cool as my M key, and that is cooooool.

other than that, no problems here.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    Did you read that story a year or two ago about the guy who sued Dell because his laptop burned his schvinky?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Did you read that story a year or two ago about the guy who sued Dell because his laptop burned his schvinky?

Ouch.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    My favorite quote from this article:

"Phishing is a major problem because there really is no patch for human stupidity."
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops