Nik Sharpener Pro

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in Finishing School
I just tried a demo of Nik_Sharpener_Pro.

Very easy and very powerful............excellent results.

Kinda expensive....but....

I'm probably gonna buy it. Anyone here had experience with this Photoshop (Corel too:clap ) plugin?

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    If you know anyone working for any Educational institution you could have them procure from Academic Superstore for $189 for the complete Pro version....

Here is linky:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/quick_search.html?qks=1&qk_srch=nik

I have never tried it...I am still trying to learn sharpening in PS using USM....:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I just tried a demo of Nik_Sharpener_Pro.

Very easy and very powerful............excellent results.

Kinda expensive....but....

I'm probably gonna buy it. Anyone here had experience with this Photoshop (Corel tooclap.gif ) plugin?

I have it. it is so very easy to over sharpen an image with it. I have a LAB sharpening action which does a nicer job.

I do use Nik when I am working with large prints and things like posters because the viewing distance is farther and to your eye it makes the image look really sharp.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:
    I have it. it is so very easy to over sharpen an image with it. I have a LAB sharpening action which does a nicer job.

I do use Nik when I am working with large prints and things like posters because the viewing distance is farther and to your eye it makes the image look really sharp.

Do you have version 2.0? The ability to sharpen just certain hues is very appealing. Actions don't do me any good since I am a Corel user.:cry