New Model Brittany In The Creek

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited April 8, 2006 in People
i had been shooting in the same location by my campus for several shoots because of the lack of a car here. luckily i found a new spot to shoot on campus: the creek. i'm not sure how i feel about this set yet, but there are definitely some really good shots that i'm happy with. here's just one for now, please tell me what you think. more will be posted soon.

thanks!

63070555-L-2.jpg

Comments

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    just a tad over-exposed, there's some detail missing in her face around her upper cheeks, mebbe not quite spot on with the focusing.
    The good news is that's the only downside.

She's lovely, nice eyes, nice 'look/expression'. Nice pose. Nice tone - sort of yellow/brown.

I demand to see more.umph.gifiloveyou.gif

binghott wrote:
    i had been shooting in the same location by my campus for several shoots because of the lack of a car here. luckily i found a new spot to shoot on campus: the creek. i'm not sure how i feel about this set yet, but there are definitely some really good shots that i'm happy with. here's just one for now, please tell me what you think. more will be posted soon.

thanks!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    A natural beauty. Love the warm tone. Well done Barry let's see more...
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Hi, binghott
    Very nice shot!
    A tighter crop might even look better.
    Keep up the good work.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marshall_fun
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    I like it!
    I agree the image is not perfect (as it's been noticed by the others, it's a bit blown out), but the general direction is very nice.

Got more? mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Can someone point out where it's blown? I'm not seeing it.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Nice shot Barry. I don't think it is blown but maybe slightly overexposed/processed. You may have lost a little detail in processing rather than the shot being over exposed. I also think she may be squinting slightly. All small things really, it is a great shot.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited April 6, 2006
    It's pretty bright on her left shoulder
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    thanks owen, that's what i was thinking.

thanks for the illustration gluwater, but i don't see the problem with the shirt being a bit blown out. does anybody else think it's overprocessed?

i wouldn't say she is squinting, but her eyes are definitely not relaxed. i thought her eyes are a little agressive almost, while her eyebrows and lips might seem friendly. i dunno, that's just how i felt.

thank you all so much for your comments! i'll be posting more soon!
    edited April 6, 2006
    I didn't mean the shot was overprocessed, but I guess that is what I said. What I meant was that sometimes when I am processing shots I inadvertently lighten highlights too much, especially when I'm using curves. That is what I meant by overprocessed, I guess I used the wrong word. Since the overall color scheme of the shot is darker colors, the lighter shirt may draw attention away from her face. I think it is really a matter of personal preferance. Personally I don't think I could take a shot this good. Looking forward to seeing more of her.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    You two are far better than I'll ever be and mebbe it's my carp monitor but I'm just saying how I see it.ne_nau.gif

I just found the highlighted area too bright and lacking in detail - I'm not bothered about the shirt.

63070555-L-2crop.jpg
    Owen wrote:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Exposure looks spot on to me. I dont see a thing I dont like. Nice shot.
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    GREAPER wrote:
    Exposure looks spot on to me. I dont see a thing I dont like. Nice shot.

I was having some problems finding the "blown out" portions as well - maybe my eye isn't as tuned in as the others but it looks great to me...
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    thank you all so much for your comments. keep em coming!
    here's another shot of brittany, more coming soon.

63276990-L-1.jpg
  • Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    thanks owen, that's what i was thinking.

thanks for the illustration gluwater, but i don't see the problem with the shirt being a bit blown out. does anybody else think it's overprocessed?

i wouldn't say she is squinting, but her eyes are definitely not relaxed. i thought her eyes are a little agressive almost, while her eyebrows and lips might seem friendly. i dunno, that's just how i felt.

thank you all so much for your comments! i'll be posting more soon!

On my monitor it's perfect. I'm seeing good detail even in the lady's blouse. Perhaps there are a couple of spots that are a wee bit too white but so what, it's a good picture and the young lady is beautiful. Her complection is very fair but it's NOT overexposed and the saturation is very good.

As far as her eyes are concerned I have to ask "are we critiquing the picture or the model?" It seems to me that she has eyes that are not naturally open wide; again, so what, That's the way she was made and I think she was made pretty goodmwink.gif

This bussiness of critiquing each other's work can get way too anal if you ask me. I once posted a shot of my avitar and some guy said that the background was too hazy. Well, I'll just have to have a good talk with Mother Nature and tell har to stop with the atmosphere in the morning already.

Never mind them Bro. It's a good picture.

Bob
    See with your Heart