My first IR shots

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in Holy Macro
So I got an IR modded XT today and am hoaving funtrying it out. I only had a couple minutes to shoot before I went to work so I took a couple shots. The sky was clear, no clouds:cry, and nothing is green here yet so I have nothing spectacular but I think they look ok. If you have any tips on processing or think I should have done something differently please let me know I have a lot to learn with IR. I know the composition is nothing special but in my defense I took the second one from my car while waiting at a red light. Enjoy!

63082157-L.jpg

63082192-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited April 5, 2006
    First isn't a good subject for IR. Second is more so. I know where you took the first. The second - is that on Wolf near Roosevelt?

I'll bet you can't wait for the big green leafy stuff to sprout.

Water features, big puffy clouds, broad green leaves, blue skies - ahhhh, the suff of IR worship.

Here's an interesting page over at Outback:
    http://www.outbackphoto.com/contest/contest_16/essay.html

about various workflows to come to a B&W from a native IR file. Some bad, some good, some great. Worth a look. The best was Uwe's own conversion, IMO. The definition in the tree shadows, top left just over the hill. He nailed it.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Thanks for the link David. Your right, the second is on the corner of Wolf and Roosevelt, just down the block from my work.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Nice i loved IR works fine on Church thumb.gif nice church
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    New Toys Hu :)
    gluwater wrote:
    So I got an IR modded XT today and am hoaving funtrying it out. I only had a couple minutes to shoot before I went to work so I took a couple shots. The sky was clear, no clouds:cry, and nothing is green here yet so I have nothing spectacular but I think they look ok. If you have any tips on processing or think I should have done something differently please let me know I have a lot to learn with IR. I know the composition is nothing special but in my defense I took the second one from my car while waiting at a red light. Enjoy!

They look good to me :D I'm sure your in for hours of fun with camera now, I love IR Shots .........congratulations ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Howdy,

Looks like you are in for a really fun Summer, and we'll be seeing a lot of great images coming from your way.

Nicely done on these first ones!!

The Church shot with some dramatic clouds will be a wonderful shot!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas