Intensity

zevyzevy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited April 9, 2006 in Sports
I love the intensity of this young man's track and field career. Any thoughts on how to improve composition?

63270943-L.jpg

62372110-L.jpg

62372117-L.jpg

Comments

• VMacVMac Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Hey Zev, looks like a fun shoot! The first one is a keeper, you just need to straighten out that horizon. :)

The next two suffer a little bit from the crop... I think you either need to go tighter, or (probably better) a bit wider to get the runners' enitre bodies. And the third one is a good example of how a busy background can detract from the overall photo (I know that it's probably tough to find a decent background at a chaotic event like that!).
    Canon gear
    vmac.smugmug.com
  • zevyzevy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    VMac wrote:
    Hey Zev, looks like a fun shoot! The first one is a keeper, you just need to straighten out that horizon. :)

The next two suffer a little bit from the crop... I think you either need to go tighter, or (probably better) a bit wider to get the runners' enitre bodies. And the third one is a good example of how a busy background can detract from the overall photo (I know that it's probably tough to find a decent background at a chaotic event like that!).

Thanks for the feedback. I've corrected the horizon (beginner's mistake 1drink.gif ).
  • robert mccanerobert mccane Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    good shot's kid's are great:):
  • blobblob Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2006
    shoot from difference perspectives
    One thing I would suggest is that you shoot from difference places. Shorter people (i.e. kids) look better when shot from their level. Squat, kneel down, etc.

Also, move shooting locations occasionally. You'd be surprised how much more interesting your shots can be if you don't shoot everything from one location.