does the hair bug you?

GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited April 5, 2006 in People
what do you think, is the hair bugging you?
Giselle

Comments

• GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    one more...
    Giselle
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    I don't mind the hair, but I would like to see her face brightened up (either with a reflector or a fill flash).
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Most of hair doesn't bother me.... just what is in her face....I do not particularily like the hand position.....I know she is very young...but the hands in the hair pose should (in my opinon) be coming up from the neck area or just around the ears with elbows more downward....I beleive it would look more elegant (for lack of a better word at the moment).....again...just me 'umble opinun and does not mean a thing....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited April 5, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I don't mind the hair, but I would like to see her face brightened up (either with a reflector or a fill flash).

I didn't have anything but my camera with me. I asked her mom if I could take a picture, so she told the little girl...put your hands up, smile, don't smile, chin down/up...and the girl was taking direction better than most adults, her mom told me she did pageants...
    Giselle
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    The hair doesn't bother me. What doesn't work for me in the first pic is that the background is brighter than her face. And in the second, her face is a wee bit dark and soft. Pretty model, though. Are you becoming US Yuri? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Her hair is gorgeous, I just don't like the position of her hands. At her age, I would prefer to see her hands inter-locked on top of her head (like kids do naturally....) or something more be-fitting her age group. But if she's into pageants, she is probably into more provocative posing. Just my opinion! :D
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Her hair is gorgeous, I just don't like the position of her hands. At her age, I would prefer to see her hands inter-locked on top of her head (like kids do naturally....) or something more be-fitting her age group. But if she's into pageants, she is probably into more provocative posing. Just my opinion! :D

When I read that she's into pageants - then that pose made sense (although personally I'm not fond of it at her age). I've seen many pageant pictures that make me cringe! But she is a very pretty girl but I agree with the comments made before mine. She has nice eyes!
    edited April 5, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    The hair doesn't bother me. What doesn't work for me in the first pic is that the background is brighter than her face. And in the second, her face is a wee bit dark and soft. Pretty model, though. Are you becoming US Yuri? lol3.gif

I wish I had 1/10 his talent!

I agree about pageants I think kids should look like kids, those things breed pedifiles...I don't know how to spell that
    Giselle
  • rmsrms Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    saurora wrote:

Agreed. The hair doesn't bother me so much, and I agree with others that the face is a bit dark. This is totally subjective, but the posing of her hands strikes me as highly inappropriate for her age, and it makes it hard to fully appreciate what is otherwise a very well-composed portrait.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Her eyes look fake considering there is no light hitting her face...

And enough has been said about he posing.