Baby Love !

Dave_RG40Dave_RG40 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited April 8, 2006 in People
Hiyas,

Thought I would post a couple of images for you all to have a peek.

This is an English Mum and her newborn.

Happy to hear your thoughts as I see a pile of talent here. I am humbled in your presence.

All the Best!

Dave

Edit to remove the semi nude image of mum. Sorry bout that. She was sitting sideways and nothing 'pertinant' was showing, though I understand it isn't allowed here. Thanks for pointing that out to me. :):

Comments

• Dave_RG40Dave_RG40 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2006
  • maegandoughertymaegandougherty Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Very nice. I especially like #1. Maybe you can bright #2 up a bit? Hair and skin color looks pretty in #1
    edited April 5, 2006
    hehe thank you )

I was first mumbling to myself.... no... thats the colour it should be. The first was punched up some to enforce the Glowing Smile etc...

BUT. . .

I like how you think ))
    I like the saturated hair as well . . . THANK YOU

Dave

Gave it a little rework here:
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Very cool shots - especially #1 thumb.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• maegandoughertymaegandougherty Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    I like it better saturated. This is what I've been doing tonight...going through pictures and saturating! I hope I'm not overdoing it! :)
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    I really like the saturation in these, as you stated it really makes her hair stand out. I love the mothers smile in the first shot but I wish I could see more of her face, but I also like that she is smiling at her baby, I guess I can't have everything. Very nice shots and welcome to Dgrin.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Dave,
    Dave_RG40 wrote:
    Hiyas,
    This is an English Mum and her newborn.
    Dave

Very nice! I love the triangular composition and the dark empty space. Very neat! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited April 6, 2006
    Hey,

Thanks for the comments! I was a bit worried that what I like... others think is rubbish hehehe

The dark neg space.. is something I just gravitate towards I suppose. its a nice way to pull the eyes over the images... as you like.

The face of the lady is quite charming... though getting the son to comply with the adgenda was tough enough heheheh I have loads of 'misfires' with a variety of face...though the son was not on the same sheet of music - so to speak.

My favorite is the mum Gasping a little - facing the camera Jaw wide open with a bit of Startle! - as her son pinched just in the right spot hehehe I don't know if images with nipples are welcome here.. but it is a funny one.

Yes, I agree.. seeing the face would add another element of character. Maybe the next one....

Many Thanks for the welcome and comments!

I guess it is safe to post more images rolleyes1.gif

All the Best!

Dave
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Dave_RG40 wrote:
    My favorite is the mum Gasping a little - facing the camera Jaw wide open with a bit of Startle! - as her son pinched just in the right spot hehehe I don't know if images with nipples are welcome here.. but it is a funny one.
    You cannot post shots with nudity here but you could put a link to the picture and a note telling that there is partial nudity.
    Dave_RG40 wrote:
    I guess it is safe to post more images rolleyes1.gif
    Please do! I really enjoyed these shots and I hope to see many more from you.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    I love the first shot! Nice job :)
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    1) Your color balance is WAY off. Red cast galore. Looks like you slid the saturation slider +35 too far! With this copy, B&W is the only thing to redeem it, IMO. And, it looks good in B&W-- I much prefer it as such.
    2) Personally, I don't like what they're sitting on. Looks ragged and dirty.
    3) I wish you could see her eye - spend close attention to those details!
    4) The shadow from the babies foot looks like a belt on mom-- you could have used some reflector fill or lit this shot more evenly.
    edited April 7, 2006
    Thanks Owen! Good Advice to take on board!

Dave

Owen wrote:
    1) Your color balance is WAY off. Red cast galore. Looks like you slid the saturation slider +35 too far! With this copy, B&W is the only thing to redeem it, IMO. And, it looks good in B&W-- I much prefer it as such.
    2) Personally, I don't like what they're sitting on. Looks ragged and dirty.
    3) I wish you could see her eye - spend close attention to those details!
    4) The shadow from the babies foot looks like a belt on mom-- you could have used some reflector fill or lit this shot more evenly.
  • robert mccanerobert mccane Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    good feeling:):