Options

Please critique

Cheryl51Cheryl51 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 17, 2004 in People
Please give your opinion on how to improve my pictures. Thanks!
Cowgirl21 is my daughter, some are pictures of my her and my grandbaby.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 16, 2004
    Why does uploading distort my color? Help!

Cheryl51 wrote:
    Please give your opinion on how to improve my pictures. Thanks!
    Cowgirl21 is my daughter, some are pictures of my her and my grandbaby.
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2004
    How about these?
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2004
    ?
    I have ask the same ? more than once is it what everyone sees ? is it monitor ? is resizeing ? just what the h--- is it some post come out as you see it at home some do not the folks that are here all the time have it down .I see it in water shots and other post also so i wonder but i have no idea.headscratch.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    Portraits of daughter and baby
    They seem to be out of focus to me. I like picture two and 3 for what seems to be a nice composition.
    On the first one there are some flowers growing out of his head...
    I think portrait 3 is the purest and the nicest. Things match: composition, feeling, context, communication between the two...
    But then I just started with portraits, so maybe my feedback is not really worth a lot. Laughing.gif
    I do have a problem with the focus... did you wanted them to come out that way? Did you blur to soften?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    The Black and Whites are very nice. Was the soft focus intentional? The exposures are very accurate. On the top left and top right shots, I'd be tempted to crop some away from the empty side of the images, to better balance them. Top left, a very sweet expression from the baby. You don't really need the flowers, a nice headshot of a smiling baby is great all on its own. Against a simple black background, the flowers are a distraction and because of the way they're placed, they look like they're sprouting from baby's head!

Lovely expression from mom in the bottom left, full of love. That's the keeper for me.nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au