that tri X pan look....err?

asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited April 6, 2006 in Finishing School
Im new, and Ive been on this forum reading stuff for about 10 hours as I am trying to clean my computer.

I tried the tri X pan look tutorial. Not sure what tri X pan is (v. crisp film?).

Anyway my results were thus. Bearing in mind its my first attempt at photoshop I hope to have a rocket fueled learning curve.

63220728-M.jpg

p.s. Im not sure Im posting in the right place. Hope so. If not soz.
p.p.s. All constructive criticism appreciated.
where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com

Comments

• AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    asamuel wrote:
    Im new, and Ive been on this forum reading stuff for about 10 hours as I am trying to clean my computer.

I tried the tri X pan look tutorial. Not sure what tri X pan is (v. crisp film?).

Anyway my results were thus. Bearing in mind its my first attempt at photoshop I hope to have a rocket fueled learning curve.

63220728-M.jpg

p.s. Im not sure Im posting in the right place. Hope so. If not soz.
    p.p.s. All constructive criticism appreciated.

To answer your first (implied) question. Tri-X was/is a fast (for the time) black and white negative film produced by Kodak. As such, the silver grains tended to be larger for greater sensitivity and as a consequence pictures tended to have grainy look. Generally speaking the film was used for action and low light applications and the appearance is generally thought of as adding a certain 'something' to the subject matter.

From the information above, you can see that for a 'Tri-X look' you will need to convert your colour picture into a black and white one before adding the graininess.

hope this helps...

Anthony.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    If trti-x had been a color film....your shot would be perfect.....as stated above need to do the convert to b/w first.....not gray scale....that does not work well ......IMHO.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website