At the meeting (8 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited April 6, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
My first steps with R1... Must say I like this camera...
I thought ... this might be interesting to you... Meeting at our central square named Lenin square. Not sure about right translation, but new 'Housing codex' made all these people get together... As you may see - too much old people, red flags and so on. I tried to reproduce some characters here.. so that you could feel... hard life of some people here...
You know all these worldwide problems - reach and poverty...
Maybe you'll recognize one of the persons here ....
3755.jpg
2 Yes, yes - this is Gary Kasparov - World chess champion ...
3756.jpg
.. now politician
3757.jpg
3758.jpg
3759.jpg
3760.jpg
3761.jpg
3762.jpg

As I once commented Awais Yaqub's post with political meetings - I try to concentrate not on the reasons and motives (thats why I dont duplicate slogans - just try to cut them on photos), but on emotions and charachters of people...
As always, want to know your opinions (taking into consideration my new camera).
Spasibo
Yuri

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 6, 2006
    Yuri and a new camera. That's a formula for interesting things.

I do see that, compared to your old camera, you may have to stop down the lens a bit to increase the DOF. The first image is just a little too shallow for my taste.

Excellent exposure, composition and subject matter. I love the expressions, even though many are obviously not pleased with their situation, some seem resigned and detached.

Color balance looks very accurate and there is a "smoothness" to the images that I like.

A great start with a wonderful tool.

How long before we see some shots at your dacha? With this smoothness in tonality, I'd bet there is much there to benefit from the qualities of this new camera.

Best,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Yuri your new camera is working well for you! Wonderful captures. I can feel the seriousness and concern over the issues (whatever they may be) in the expressions and posturing of these people. You did a wonderful job of choosing your subjects...I love the hands grasping the rails for "support" both physically and emotionally. There is a lot conveyed in these scenes. Color and clarity, composition are all wonderful. thumb.gif