do padding bars show on no-crop t-shirts

Kyle JonesKyle Jones Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited April 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
If you have an image with the wrong aspect ratio and you choose the no-crop option for a printed t-shirt, will the white bars at the top and bottom of the image be visible on the t-shirt? Or because the bars are white and the t-shirt is white will you not be able to see the bars at all?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Kyle Jones wrote:
    If you have an image with the wrong aspect ratio and you choose the no-crop option for a printed t-shirt, will the white bars at the top and bottom of the image be visible on the t-shirt? Or because the bars are white and the t-shirt is white will you not be able to see the bars at all?
    Exactly. And, wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

PS: I'm a bit of a street photographer myself, it's one of my passions.
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Hate to point out the obvious Andy, but I still don't know the answer to his question. He said
    will the white bars at the top and bottom of the image be visible on the t-shirt? Or because the bars are white and the t-shirt is white will you not be able to see the bars at all?

You're answer: Exactly

Which is exact, the first or the second?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2006
    Hate to point out the obvious Andy, but I still don't know the answer to his question. He said
    will the white bars at the top and bottom of the image be visible on the t-shirt? Or because the bars are white and the t-shirt is white will you not be able to see the bars at all?

You're answer: Exactly

Which is exact, the first or the second?

lol3.gif thanks Richard - I should have used a few more words - I see it's unclear ... I mean't - there will be no bars shown on the shirt when he chooses "no crop."