edited October 21, 2004 in People
Suburbs, D.C. 10/15/04

9915233-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    Pumpkin seller
    I like the colors and the comp of the shot. I am looking for the focus point.
    I think the door is sharp, and am not sure wether the pumpkins or the person should be in focus... I wonder if the depth of field could have been adapted to sharpen up the whole picture...
    If it would be sharper this would be a perfect shot for me, it has a warm feel to it. Happy thoughts come up when I look at it.
    I would be a very happy camper if you could go back and redo it... then I could use it as my october desktop.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    wave.gif Good to see you, damonff! I like the idea of the shot, makes me think I need to get out and find a similar pumpkin shot. I tend to agree with 'cat, not sure if I'm supposed to look at the shed or the pumpkins, they seem equally important in the composition. Missed you, dude.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Suburbs, D.C. 10/15/04

9915233-S.jpg
    Sure wish the guy was walking the other way...
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I thought I should post on this thread, I saw the other threads you posted, and am totally taken by the way you have maintained the integrity of the work you were doing in China. One really doesn't have to travel to alien societies to see what is going on.

This is what I was searching for
    6094464-S.jpg

But this I love
    6094471-S.jpg

You were creating a book of your photographs, I have been off site for the summer so haven't been able to keep up, any updates on the publication?
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    Thank you for the great comment Stan. It's nice to know that one's vision is appreciated. The book is being slowly sorted. Still no publisher (nor a Patron...heh heh). Your post made my day...
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Thank you for the great comment Stan. It's nice to know that one's vision is appreciated. The book is being slowly sorted. Still no publisher (nor a Patron...heh heh). Your post made my day...

No kidding, I always look for your posts, which on dial-up takes an age, since searching for the picure which I always remember as being the most poignant when you were leaving China I see I have missed a load so I will enjoy looking.

Thanks.
    Stan
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    I like the colors and the comp of the shot. I am looking for the focus point.
    I think the door is sharp, and am not sure wether the pumpkins or the person should be in focus... I wonder if the depth of field could have been adapted to sharpen up the whole picture...
    If it would be sharper this would be a perfect shot for me, it has a warm feel to it. Happy thoughts come up when I look at it.
    I would be a very happy camper if you could go back and redo it... then I could use it as my october desktop.
    I might have gone with just the guy and the apples...nice shot though.