Taste Bud Pores :P

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited April 14, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
tastebuds.jpg

This is your tounge magnified to the cellular level :P

The little toulip shaped objects lining the crevices are your taste buds.
I suppose the crevice is the pore, haha.

Just bringing a little A&P to the Dgrin challenges. :rofl

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2006
    That is way cool.clap.gifclap

How did you get it? What is A&P?
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 7, 2006
    anatomy and physiology

it's a microscope shot, not super crazy magnification. great thing about biological systems, you don't need to go to really really small (think electron microscopes) to see neat stuff.

mr P, you work in a lab?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    Nah I dont work at a lab, I'm a Biology major student and I was taking photos of slides for me to study off..of and I figured these were pores hah so I just wanted to share them.

Some microscopes are made to be attached to a television or computer screen and allows saving images through the computer, but what I did was much simpler. I just used a small point and shoot camera (Konica KD-500Z), set the flash to off and turned on flower-power (macro) mode, aim it inside one of the eye pieces and shoot! Easy peasy.

:D
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 8, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Some microscopes are made to be attached to a television or computer screen and allows saving images through the computer, but what I did was much simpler. I just used a small point and shoot camera (Konica KD-500Z), set the flash to off and turned on flower-power (macro) mode, aim it inside one of the eye pieces and shoot! Easy peasy.
    Yup, I've done that with micro and telescopes - the little point and shoot comes in handy.

The scopes that are "made to be attached..." aren't anything special. There's just a provision for a T-mount for any camera that can accept those threads via an adapter. If you're really interested, you may be able to get an adapter for your specific camera and mount it up. The cameras that are mounted to most bio-lab grade scopes are nothing more than a simplified CCD that's in your point-and-shoot.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2006
    just wondering if you can get the picture with the whole circle showing, I dunno anything about it and was just wondering cuz I think its a great idea, and pink is my favorite color..............clap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • yukiyubiyukiyubi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    That looks so cool! :)
  • leelee Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 14, 2006
    nice shot joel! thumb.gif