My first shot with the new D50.

Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited April 9, 2006 in Holy Macro
Is this picture okay for a first time shot with my new D50? The ISO was at 400. Shutter speed at 1/60. Aperture at F4.2 and focal length was 112mm, (or equivalent to 168mm). These two objects are my mom's vase with synthetic flowers and her Christmas light.

I think this picture looks way better than the picture I took of a red flower on a very bright noon back in spring 2005 with my N75. Some say it was the way it was processed and developed by the WalMart photolab guys. Beats me.

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting shots of lightning that we're having here in Tennessee, right now. Every one of them come up black, even if the lightning is bright. And I know it's`cos I'm a beginner and dunno what I'm doing.:dunno:rofl

I got nice (but tiny) shots of the moon when there was no light anywhere with my N75, but this one isn't even getting bright lightning.:scratch Well, hope this looks okay to be in here.:):

-ZR-

Picture001.jpg
http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
Camera: Nikon D50
Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x
Bag: Canon 200DG

Printer: Canon PIXMA iP6700D

Fisher-Advent Audio

Comments

• KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    Nice camera, and the colors look good. Now all you need is Photoshop CS or CS2 :D
    Bob
  • Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    KA0TVO wrote:
    Nice camera, and the colors look good. Now all you need is Photoshop CS or CS2 :D

Thank you!

And as for the Photoshop, the CS2 cost averagely $649. That's a $100 more than my camera.eek7.gif But right now I'm downloading a 30 day free-trial straight from Adobe.com. The CS2 costs I think $829 at Staples.umph.gif

I have a Photoshop 7.0 on disk, but it's not wanting to d/l. If I ever can get it to d/l, is the 7.0 good enough? Save me $649.:):

-ZR-

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    Nice 1st shot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited April 9, 2006
    Nice 1st shot

Thank you!

I also have 18 free photography lessons (a $270 value) for buying this D50.thumb.gif

But it's not just taking lessons that'll make me a better photographer, it's also the money to get the good stuff to make my photos even better.rolleyes1.gif

My Gear

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2006
    photoshop 7 is very good. It was my first PS given to me by a friend who went to CS2 :D
    Any PS is better than none thumb.gif
    Bob
    edited April 9, 2006
    KA0TVO wrote:
    photoshop 7 is very good. It was my first PS given to me by a friend who went to CS2 :D
    Any PS is better than none thumb.gif

Sadly though, after d/l CS2, I haven't a clue how to use it. I haven't yet been able to get the picture sharper, more or less contrast, less noise and all the things that can make the picture better, but eventually I will learn.:):

If that photography studio that's gonna give me 18 free lessons will allow me to show up for classes on Fridays, instead of the rule being that I have to be there everyday, then I'd go,`cos it's the only availiable time I have for that.

Now, I need to get insurance on this camera body, but I'm not getting it from where I bought it at,`cos it's over a $100 down and over $100 per year. I figure $35 down and per year is good. Don't care to have it on the lens I have now,`cos it only cost $159 and I'm not worried about it wearing out. I'm just'a lil' worried about the D50.:uhoh

My Gear