photo shops

kibitzrkibitzr Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 13, 2006 in Finishing School
hi all , im new here so please excuse any stupidity that comes forth . im looking for a decent photo shop thats not going to break my soc.sec ck in half .my question , is there any good ones out there that my meager gov. allowance can afford ? that will edit my pix ,resize , crop, etc. most of my photos are of fish and shooting thru glass ,water leaves a lot to be desired . im curantly useing a d70 w/ 18/70 lens but hope to aquire a 60mm micro w/ tax return . thanks for your help in advance. kib

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    It really is hard to go wrong with Photoshop Elements. I highly recommend it.

And welcome to the forum :-)
    kibitzr wrote:
    hi all , im new here so please excuse any stupidity that comes forth . im looking for a decent photo shop thats not going to break my soc.sec ck in half .my question , is there any good ones out there that my meager gov. allowance can afford ? that will edit my pix ,resize , crop, etc. most of my photos are of fish and shooting thru glass ,water leaves a lot to be desired . im curantly useing a d70 w/ 18/70 lens but hope to aquire a 60mm micro w/ tax return . thanks for your help in advance. kib
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    I concur with Shay. Elements is a very powerful and affordable option. I used Elements before acquiring Photoshop. It took me awhile to stop going back to using it, as I was so comfortable with it!
  • ratcheerratcheer Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2006
    Also, you can download and install the GIMP for free. It can do most of what Photoshop can do and it should fit within your budget.

http://www.gimp.org

Tim
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    I like picasa which is free from Google. It allows basic fixes of images and generally does a reasonably good job. It prints and emails and organizes into albums. I like it, but I still use Photoshop for heavy lifting.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX