Questions before jumping in...

merlin50merlin50 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited April 8, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi folks. I've been watching Smugmogs for a while now and am at the point where I am ready to get a pro account but I have a few questions for any members inclined to be so kind as to reply.

I have a very fundamental/rudimentary knowledge of html, only that which I have needed for past Ebay auctions. recognizing that along with my desires in terms of a web site there is a serious gap. Will my questions which may well not be in a form recongnizable to many be responded to by knowledgeable members? In other words, is help readily at hand either here or at smugmugs support?

I will want the Paypal button on my page but intend to handle sales/prints on my own at least until I become overwhelmed...:rofl Can that be done and if so how?

Are there various FAQ threads anyone can point me to so that I can avoid asking questions which have already been answered elsewhere?

How much down-time does smugmugs experience? I see there was a a DOS attack recently. Things like that you can do little about except for patient waiting as long as you have good tech folks and that does appear to be the case here. I'm a moderator on two other forums so I'm not new to the various forms of outages which can occur, just curious if SM experiences more or less in your opinion.

Given my knowldge base (or lack thereof) what would be a reasonable expectation for having my site up and running, at least at some acceptable level, even if it is still under construction?

This appoears to be a well run high level forum at first glance.

Is Harry B still haunting this place (among others...)???

Thanks much!

Dave

Comments