The Door...

ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
edited April 13, 2006 in Holy Macro
Yesterday it was rainy. But not today...
So, I grab my gear and out the door I was... until I found this door....:D
Cristian.
[SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2006
    Great composition it is winner iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2006
    Hi Ultravox
    ultravox wrote:
    Yesterday it was rainy. But not today...
    So, I grab my gear and out the door I was... until I found this door....:D

The open door invites you into the shot ....... nicely done thumb.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Skippy, Awais, thank you.
    Glad to hear that.:):
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited April 10, 2006
    Great doorway - very inviting, yet it holds some secrets. Your eye caught that place, and that takes talent to see the possibilities, and you got this shot. Worthy of a study with different views, angles, times of day.

That location does needs one more addition. A model. If you shoot portraits, it could become very interesting.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited April 10, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Great doorway - very inviting, yet it holds some secrets. Your eye caught that place, and that takes talent to see the possibilities, and you got this shot. Worthy of a study with different views, angles, times of day.

That location does needs one more addition. A model. If you shoot portraits, it could become very interesting.

Sir, your C&C honors me. I guess that I was lucky. Different views & angles... I can do that. I do have only weekends for my hobby and I'm lucky one more time becouse my wife shares my passion about it (instead of scrubbing floors I was out huntingrolleyes1.gif).
    Portaits ... :cry ? I dont have the guts for that nor the skills.
    Thank you sir.
    Cristian.
    edited April 10, 2006
    ultravox wrote:
    Portaits ... :cry ? I dont have the guts for that nor the skills.

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to go about that part either. lol3.gif
    My Smugmug
    edited April 10, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Yeah, I wouldn't know how to go about that part either. lol3.gif
    Dont know how it's there but here it's hard rolleyes1.gif.
    Every time I pull out my camera I start feeling like a donkey surrounded by lions:D.
    Everyone starts to watch me... sometimes I wish to be hollowman just for that reason.
    Guess I'll wait until Canon makes a camera no bigger than a matchbox....
    Cristian.
    edited April 10, 2006
    No, don't wait. Take advantage of those places while they still exist. Go in with your equipment, set it up, and get to work. Act like you own the place, and other people might then yield to you.

(I am assuming you have permission to be there with what I just suggested :D )
    My Smugmug
    edited April 10, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    (I am assuming you have permission to be there with what I just suggested :D )
    Regarding that one :D yes. After paying a "... if you wish to take photos you'll have to pay..." I was allowed to rolleyes1.gif. In general i do mind my own bussiness...
    Cristian.
  • STLMach1STLMach1 Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    Great shot Cristian! clap.gif

Truly inspiring composition. I have to agree that an attractive model would be a nice addition for an entirely different type of shot. Still this is great work and would be interesting even in black and white possibly with a tad more contrast.

Thanks for sharing it with us,
    Michael
    edited April 13, 2006
    Thanks Michael and welcome.
    You are most kind. Attractive model? :D No sir, can't do... my wife is camera shy and using other model :argue:gun2.....
    Anyway, a B&W version looks interesting.
    Thanks again for your comments.
    Cristian.