Jack...My Boy.

maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
edited August 11, 2005 in People
Hey there Peeps!

Jack, our dog was taken ill a couple of weeks ago by a tumor on his spleen that burst. He lost virtually all his blood into his abdomen and following a 3 hour operation and a few days stay in our local emergency vet's came home and is now recovering..

These couple of shots were taken at the Vet's during visiting hours:

jack_hospital.jpg
::
jack_hospital_2.jpg

He then came home on the following Saturday and has since continued to improve and is really back to his old self. However, following the surgery it was found that he has blood vessel cancer, so according to the Vets he has between 2-6 months with us, but who knows. We're just going to keep him happy and healthy and take each day as it comes...

Taken at home on the sofa the other day:

http://www.whimwham.com/j/jack_home_sofa.html

Now for some ALMS images...

I'll share some more of Jack in this thread over time!

Andrew :)
AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
Next Race - MotoGP Donington
:ivar

Comments

• FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    Mac, it looks like you've captured a beautiful moment of recovery. I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Dogs are the best companions we humans could ask for. When all else fails, your dog's always there for ya. Enjoy all the time you have together!

Kane sends his regards.
    8336921-M.jpg

Along with Sylvio (I think sometimes he thinks he's a dog)
    9497564-M.jpg

Marshall
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    jack_lastshots.jpg

Sadly Jack died on Saturday 7/23. The cancer that was discovered during this episode last September remerged (we knew it would) and find a new organ to grow on. It burst, the same as it did on his spleen above, but this time there was nothing to do.

What was so heartbreaking for me was that I was in Mid Ohio at the AMA races, and I just wanted to be with him and my wife in his last minutes. My wife was on the sofa and she heard his breathing rise (as it did when it woke us up for the last time) and she knew exactly what was going on, so she got him into the car, and to the emergency vet, they did a test and it was the same thing. He was gone in under 30 minutes, so mercifully it was swift.

I just wanted to hold him before he died. I still feel terrible I wasn't there with Emily and him. I loved him dearly.

He was magical. He never let me work to hard and insisted (yes a 90lb dog can insist) that I play with him if I had been at the computer working for more than an hour or so by coming and jumping on my lap with his front legs. Even on the Wednesday before I left to go to Ohio, he did the same things, so it was on the floor to play. Fortunately this time I thought, I'll grab a few shots of him. Widget (our cat) joined in too.

He was the perfect pal.

Andrew
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    maczippy wrote:

Sadly Jack died on Saturday 7/23. The cancer that was discovered during this episode last September remerged (we knew it would) and find a new organ to grow on. It burst, the same as it did on his spleen above, but this time there was nothing to do.

What was so heartbreaking for me was that I was in Mid Ohio at the AMA races, and I just wanted to be with him and my wife in his last minutes. My wife was on the sofa and she heard his breathing rise (as it did when it woke us up for the last time) and she knew exactly what was going on, so she got him into the car, and to the emergency vet, they did a test and it was the same thing. He was gone in under 30 minutes, so mercifully it was swift.

I just wanted to hold him before he died. I still feel terrible I wasn't there with Emily and him. I loved him dearly.

He was magical. He never let me work to hard and insisted (yes a 90lb dog can insist) that I play with him if I had been at the computer working for more than an hour or so by coming and jumping on my lap with his front legs. Even on the Wednesday before I left to go to Ohio, he did the same things, so it was on the floor to play. Fortunately this time I thought, I'll grab a few shots of him. Widget (our cat) joined in too.

He was the perfect pal.

Andrew
    jack_lastshots.jpg

Oh Maczippy I'm so so sorry.. My heart breaks for you and your family. Jack looks like such a beautiful buddy.. I know how it is to lose a dear doggie friend, I really do, it hurts so much. My thoughts will be with you not only today but for many years to come.
    :cry Lynn
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    Sorry Andrew to hear about Jack. Sounds like he was a close family member. He will be missed very much, but at least you have some nice shots to remember him by. Cherish your memories and he'll always be with you.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister