Smugmug page format

pdvtokyopdvtokyo Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited April 10, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi
All of the pages on my site are lined up with thumbs and introduction one under the other.... except one which has, side by side, two thumbs and only a few words of introduction. Any suggestion as to how I can make the latter page look like the former.
Thank you.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    pdvtokyo wrote:
    Hi
    All of the pages on my site are lined up with thumbs and introduction one under the other.... except one which has, side by side, two thumbs and only a few words of introduction. Any suggestion as to how I can make the latter page look like the former.
    Thank you.

I'm viewing your site and not finding what you are speaking about. A specific, direct link, please - I'm not Carnac :D

http://www.patrickdevolpi.com/
  • pdvtokyopdvtokyo Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 10, 2006
    Smugmug page format
    Andy

Here's the link to the Mountain Rides gallery.

http://cyclingtokyo.smugmug.com/Mountain%20Rides

I would like the galleries lined up on the left hand side of the page like with all the other pages. Just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks
    edited April 10, 2006
    smugmug format
    Andy

I am working on my 2nd site, www.CyclingTokyo.com
    You may be going into www.Patrickdevolpi.com

Sorry
    edited April 10, 2006
    pdvtokyo wrote:
    Andy

Here's the link to the Mountain Rides gallery.

http://cyclingtokyo.smugmug.com/Mountain%20Rides

I would like the galleries lined up on the left hand side of the page like with all the other pages. Just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks

OK well I was looking on your other site, please please please always leave us Links :D we only have so many minutes in a day lol3.gif

You have A LOT of custom javascript on that site. We'll need one of the expert to help. Ivar? Dutchie? Lee? Dev? Mike? Hellllloooooooooooooo
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK well I was looking on your other site, please please please always leave us Links :D we only have so many minutes in a day lol3.gif

You have A LOT of custom javascript on that site. We'll need one of the expert to help. Ivar? Dutchie? Lee? Dev? Mike? Hellllloooooooooooooo
    Hi wave.gif

If i understand it correctly, it doesn't really have anything to do with the javascript (there isn't that much of it, is it? or am i missing something?); Whenever the amount of sub-cat's or galleries reaches more than 5, it lines up like it does on that page. You could just make the .miniBox for that page wider, so no 2 fit next to eachother.
    .category_Mountain_Rides .miniBox {
    width: 740px;
    }

Should do the trick, if you want them to be the same size as the .albumLarge class, you will need to do some more CSS styling.
    edited April 10, 2006
    Ivar
    Pardon my ignorance about HTML but have looked and can't find the .MiniBox you mentioned. Could you point me there.
    Domo
    edited April 10, 2006
    pdvtokyo wrote:
    Ivar
    Pardon my ignorance about HTML but have looked and can't find the .MiniBox you mentioned. Could you point me there.
    Domo

Paste that code in your CSS box, it looks good.
    You should really have Firefox, and the Firefox Web Dev tool, both FREE and easy to test out such a fix before actually committing it to your website :)

BTW, that Javascript does some annoying (IMO) things to your website, constantly resizing the window - is there a reason you have that in there?
    edited April 10, 2006
    pdvtokyo wrote:
    Ivar
    Domo
    No problem. It's actually not HTML, but CSS, and goes in your CSS box in the customization page. Unless you have a separate theme for that page, in that case you can put it in your theme. I already wrote it so it only affects that page, so you don't need to put it in a specific place, just make sure you put it after other statements you have made about the .miniBox
    edited April 10, 2006
    Ivar

You were right, it did the trick. As for the Java Script question, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Thanks
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Can I just say one thing about your site? Your JS function function fixWindowSize() is essentially designed to make people hate your site. I recommend you leave the width of people's browsers alone. I have my browsers width set the way I want it, and if a site changes it, I simply stop going to that site. You probably don't want to drive potential customers away like that.

thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited April 10, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Can I just say one thing about your site? Your JS function function fixWindowSize() is essentially designed to make people hate your site. I recommend you leave the width of people's browsers alone. I have my browsers width set the way I want it, and if a site changes it, I simply stop going to that site. You probably don't want to drive potential customers away like that.

thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Can I just say one thing about your site? Your JS function function fixWindowSize() is essentially designed to make people hate your site.

I'll agree to that as well. It's like inviting a guest to your house and they go around rearranging all your furniture.
    edited April 10, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:

thumb.gif

Would you like me to hold your laggage for you? lol3.gif