TWO fr Yesterday's

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 11, 2006 in People
Gospel Concert.

Before the concert, I was preparing to take a photo of the "final resting place" of the original pastors, many years ago, when someone with a cane came walking down the aisle. I called it Mortal Remains...... (one is mortal, the other is remains?)

63783967-L.jpg

Below are two of the Gospel singers from yesterday's concert:

63784516-L.jpg

These are my two favorite photos, I am posting them separately from my Gospel Concert series which I am still a bit in the process of working up. I was so excited about these last night (well, today at 5 AM,) that I decided to post them here as soon as I could. At 5, well, I went to bed.

I hope you enjoy these! I will post the other shots later today or tomorrow.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    I like the first one very much, Ginger.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Thanks, Sid! That is high "praise" coming from you!

ginger (or anyone and everyone: we all are important, mumble, mumble......tired still, smile!)

Have a good one!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    The first one is very nice. But...

I really liked the second better. The young lady on the righ of the frame - her expression is .... well, I don't exactly know what it is. But, this photo has caused me to pause and consider more than most people photos on this forum. Is that a measure of the quality of the photo? Don't know, but for me it is very interesting.

Way to go Ginger.thumb.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    Thanks, Scott. I like them both, and I know exactly what you mean.

It is the main reason that if I have two very different shots, I hate to limit myself to showing one. Different folks, different tastes, or whatever. It is causing me grief over on the dailies, smile.

The one of the Singers, the little girl was a bit soft. I was using two different lenses, but they were both on f2.8 with a very limited depth of field, and I was lucky to get what I did. (And I am fortunate to have the lenses)

I loved the expression in the girl's eyes, so I put a box around her, smile, and did a high pass sharpening on her to try to fit her in. She is still not terribly sharp, but I am justifying that by thinking that as a sweet little girl, smile, maybe, she can be softer, kind of like a softer lighting on her. It would not have worked if it had been the woman who was a bit soft, I don't think.

thanks, Scott, for stopping and commenting.

ginger
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

The one of the Singers, the little girl was a bit soft. I was using two different lenses, but they were both on f2.8 with a very limited depth of field, and I was lucky to get what I did. (And I am fortunate to have the lenses)

I loved the expression in the girl's eyes, so I put a box around her, smile, and did a high pass sharpening on her to try to fit her in. She is still not terribly sharp, but I am justifying that by thinking that as a sweet little girl, smile, maybe, she can be softer, kind of like a softer lighting on her. It would not have worked if it had been the woman who was a bit soft, I don't think.

ginger
    Actually, I think it works much better having the little girl a little OOF. If she had been sharp, I think some of the impact of the image would have been lost. Maybe it's that rebel part of me, but I see the little girl almost thinking to herself, "When is this going to be over..." If she had been any sharper, the "secretness" of the thought would not be there.

Bottom line, I think the sharpening you did was to the correct extent - too much more would have been too much. Nice jobthumb.gif
  • robert mccanerobert mccane Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2006
    nice shot
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    I like them both, Ginger, but especially the second shot. What a precious expression!!! Makes me laugh every time I look at it....you wonder what was she thinking? Nice exposure too........... :):