New features - April 7th, 2006

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited April 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
New release notes:
Communities can now have custom categories.
What does that mean? I've added galleries from my custom 'daily-photo' gallery all the time to the daily community. Am I missing something? Does this mean we can create categories for communities from now on? :dunno

Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    New release notes:

What does that mean? I've added galleries from my custom 'daily-photo' gallery all the time to the daily community. Am I missing something? Does this mean we can create categories for communities from now on? ne_nau.gif

Sebastian

Currently, the new Partner Community, http://photos.military.com/ , is the only one with custom categories.

Soon, all photo communities will be able to create their own custom categories at will and the members can then associate their galleries with those categories.

Don
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    Currently, the new Partner Community, http://photos.military.com/ , is the only one with custom categories.

Soon, all photo communities will be able to create their own custom categories at will and the members can then associate their galleries with those categories.
    Even though I can't see the feature on their site yet it sounds interesting. It'll be interesting to see how you'll put this into the currently already quite packed layout.

Thanks for the info,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Even though I can't see the feature on their site yet it sounds interesting. It'll be interesting to see how you'll put this into the currently already quite packed layout.

Thanks for the info,
    Sebastian

Sebastian, you can join - and see - or just look here, it looks like this: