reflections

AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited April 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
An old building in Browns Race Rochester...very sunny afternoon, a rarity around here! comments and criticisms appreciated.

64003423-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    well captured great work
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 11, 2006
    Annabella,

I hope you don't mind, but I was a little distracted by the right side of the image. I took an 8x10 portrait crop from the middle, and now I could look at it for hours. (Just IMHO.)

Thanks,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • TJMcTJMc Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    Fantastic Image
    Annabella wrote:
    An old building in Browns Race Rochester...very sunny afternoon, a rarity around here! comments and criticisms appreciated.

64003423-L.jpg
    Hi Annabella,
    This is the first time I have posted anything in the forum, I guess that makes you the lucky or unlucky one:D Your image is fantastic. The composition was much improved with the cropping. The left side was distracting the eye away from the beauty that makes this image a show stopper. The soft colors in this image convey a wonderful warmth. I agree with you, now that you have cropped the image I too could look at it for hours. Beautiful work.
    So sorry I am new to this forum, I didn't realize Ziggy cropped the image. I have to say I agree with Ziggy's editing, I also must say it took an amazing eye to capture the beauty to begin with
    :1drink
    Every moment that passes is another chance to turn it all around.

TJ

http://www.tjmcphotos.com
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    good stuff
    very well spotted- i love distorted reflections-i agree however with ziggies crop-for reflections i tend to use telephoto to crop out most extraneous detail so that the image becomes more abstract

i hope you spot some more-keep up the good work
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Annabella,

I hope you don't mind, but I was a little distracted by the right side of the image. I took an 8x10 portrait crop from the middle, and now I could look at it for hours. (Just IMHO.)

Thanks,

ziggy53

Yes I had another shot that was closer, cutting out the light pole and was struggling with which one to post... I was leaning toward the one like your crop but thought there wasn't enough to be interesting. Thanks I like your version better.
    edited April 12, 2006
    well captured great work

Thank you very much Awais :D
    edited April 12, 2006
    TJMc wrote:
    Hi Annabella,
    This is the first time I have posted anything in the forum, I guess that makes you the lucky or unlucky one:D Your image is fantastic. The composition was much improved with the cropping. The left side was distracting the eye away from the beauty that makes this image a show stopper. The soft colors in this image convey a wonderful warmth. I agree with you, now that you have cropped the image I too could look at it for hours. Beautiful work.
    So sorry I am new to this forum, I didn't realize Ziggy cropped the image. I have to say I agree with Ziggy's editing, I also must say it took an amazing eye to capture the beauty to begin with

I am very honored that you chose my picture for your first comment! Thank you TJMc !!!! WELCOME to dgrin clap.gif I think you'll like it here, everyone has been so nice and it's a great place to hang out. :D I look forward to seeing your work! Don't be a stranger....
    edited April 12, 2006
    gtc wrote:
    very well spotted- i love distorted reflections-i agree however with ziggies crop-for reflections i tend to use telephoto to crop out most extraneous detail so that the image becomes more abstract

i hope you spot some more-keep up the good work

I shot a lot of reflections that afternoon, I found them fasinating! I agree that the closer shot looks much better...stay tuned I'll post one more from that day..thanks gtc.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Annabella wrote:

The windows look great Annabella......too bad that power pole is right where it is........always the way isnt it........ya find something really interesting and someone comes along and puts a pole up rolleyes1.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin