Help with Canon 10D Setup

MyNameIsNeoMyNameIsNeo Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited April 11, 2006 in Cameras
So, I've picked up my first digital SLR: a Canon 10D. My other rig is a Canon Powershot G6 and it has these nifty color settings call "Vivid", "Neutral", "B&W", etc. On the 10D, the "Standard" parameter setting yields images that are pretty bland. How can I adjust the Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, and Color Tone on the 10D to approximate the "Vivid" setting on the G6? Many thanks!
Agent Smith: Goodbye, Mr. Anderson.
Neo: My name...is Neo!

Comments

• ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2006
    So, I've picked up my first digital SLR: a Canon 10D. My other rig is a Canon Powershot G6 and it has these nifty color settings call "Vivid", "Neutral", "B&W", etc. On the 10D, the "Standard" parameter setting yields images that are pretty bland. How can I adjust the Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, and Color Tone on the 10D to approximate the "Vivid" setting on the G6? Many thanks!

Shoot in RAW.

Learn to use ACR (Adobe Camera Raw bridge) or RawShooter Essentials (my favourite)

There's stuff you can adjust on the camera, but I don't find they do too much.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2