Help with CS2

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited April 15, 2006 in Finishing School
I am having a issue with Photoshop CS2 rotating images when it opens them. I don't want it to. I have various actions setup that I brought from PS7 and this is throwing them off. Not sure if it is a setting or what that can turn this off. Thanks
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• yukiyubiyukiyubi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    bham wrote:
    I am having a issue with Photoshop CS2 rotating images when it opens them. I don't want it to. I have various actions setup that I brought from PS7 and this is throwing them off. Not sure if it is a setting or what that can turn this off. Thanks
    I probably shouldn't reply to this, because I don't have the solution for you, but I have the same problem too! I tried to check to see if it was some sort of tag from the camera on the picture, but I can't really figure it out, in compy or in CS2.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Not sure if it is a setting or what that can turn this off.
    Photoshop is looking at the Orientation field of the EXIF data. I would think that there has to be a way to get Photoshop (and bridge) to ignore the orientation, but I haven't found anything ne_nau.gif

I'll keep looking.

What are your actions doing? Would it be possible to make a new copy of all your actions and just remove any rotation steps?
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Well the actions are setup so that all the pics are vertical, not some vertical and some horizontal.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 13, 2006
    I don't know if this is on your camera's menu, but on my 20d it has an auto rotate that you can turn on or off-I assume that when it's on it tells the camera and ps to rotate the pic, say, -90 degrees-
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited April 13, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    I don't know if this is on your camera's menu, but on my 20d it has an auto rotate that you can turn on or off-I assume that when it's on it tells the camera and ps to rotate the pic, say, -90 degrees-

I thought that just affected the display in the camera's LCD, not the EXIF data. ne_nau.gif
    edited April 13, 2006
    gee, nobody else care to try it out?-

turned off the auto rotate on the 20d-

shot this pic vertically-

this pic stayed this way on the camera-

and this is the way it stayed in ps cs2-

orientation showed 'normal' vs '-90'-

george
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited April 13, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    gee, nobody else care to try it out?-
    Cool. I considered briefly doing a test but figured someone more serious would correct my idle speculations. Cheers, George. thumb.gif BTW is that a Gibson SG custom hanging there? I used to have a standard a long time ago and really loved it. Ooops, wrong thread. :D
    edited April 13, 2006
    Ok, interesting info, but I still want to be able to have cs2 not rotate the orientation upon opening. I can't seem to find any info on how to turn this feature off.
    edited April 13, 2006
    bham-

okkkkaaayyyyy--

glad you find it interesting--

richard-

can you give him a hand-

whether it's me or bham not paying attention, I give up-

I put in over 40 hours this week by yesterday pm, and I'm more brain dead than usual-

thanks
    george
    edited April 13, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Cool. I considered briefly doing a test but figured someone more serious would correct my idle speculations. Cheers, George. thumb.gif BTW is that a Gibson SG custom hanging there? I used to have a standard a long time ago and really loved it. Ooops, wrong thread. :D

sg special faded (cherry)-I guess a replica-
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    bham-

okkkkaaayyyyy--

richard-

can you give him a hand-

I think bham is interested in finding a fix for pics he's already shot.
    edited April 13, 2006
    my bad-

I told you I was brain dead-

I guess you could rotate back the pics that ps rotated and save and then the orientation would show normal and also maybe do it in batch--but I don't know if that would help-

good luck, bham-

I'm sure if it can be done someone on here would know how to do it-
    edited April 13, 2006
    I hope I can find a way. Otherwise it will add some more work to an already somewhat long process. Thanks everybody.

Right now I am still using PS7 until I can figure this out.
  • Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    rotate.
    I persoanly like the program and how it rotates it, just bugs me when I save it and they go back to side ways vs. the currect way... I persoanly like bridge or ps2 to correct the view, to bad there is not a option for who wants it turned and who doesn't and when it saves it saves it as seen.
    gefillmore wrote:
    bham-

okkkkaaayyyyy--

richard-

can you give him a hand-

I put in over 40 hours this week by yesterday pm, and I'm more brain dead than usual-

thanks
    george
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust