Veronica Goes Action Woman

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited April 15, 2006 in People
Hello friends!
Yesterday, I got this irresitable impuls to give "action pics" a try. I ran off and bought two fake guns (Terminator). *Haha* I called Veronica and asked if she would like to play action woman, and she did! In the back om my head, I had this vague idea on a potential location, and we went there by chans. We had a great shoot, lovely weather, and indeed some real action. When shooting in the tunnel, two guys came strolling from the other side of the tunnel. They looked sorta concerned at first when the saw us, but soon the realized that we didn't give a sh*t about their business in the tunnel. They were graffiti dudes. We kept on shooting, and they begun scribble and scrawl (that's what it looks to me) the walls 15 meters away from us. But approx. 3-4 minutes later the tunnel echoed "FREEEEEZE! Don't move!" and the tunnel was surrounded by cops. *Haha* COOL! We just kept on shooting, and they didn't bother us. Oh, yes... one cop came up to us and asked about the guns. (More curious than concerned). He told us to be VERY CAREFUL, because if someone strolls by and see you with the guns, they could call the cops, and suddenly they'll arrive in helicopters, and if you are really really unfortunate, someone will feel threatned and open fire at you!
I couldn't help but laughing inside! VERY VERY LIKELY! But - I guess that's part of is job to inform us about the risks!

Comments and critics are welcome!

Stay tuned / Matty

64160646-O.jpg

Can you live with the burnt out sky, or is it one for the bin?

64128923-O.jpg

Same her, and the unsharp gun! *Bummer* Keeper or one for the bin?

64128922-O.jpg

64128921-O.jpg

64128917-O.jpg

64128914-O.jpg

64128909-O.jpg

64128926-O.jpg

64128927-O.jpg

64130400-O.jpg

64130399-O.jpg

64128915-O.jpg

Please, don't pay attention the the "haze" around the barrel. I'll take care of that! :o)

64128916-O.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    These are truely awsome! Very sweet light. Though, credibilty is stretched just a bit - when have you ever seen, anywhere, law enforcement that looked that sweet!iloveyou.gif
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Very creative Matty and well executedthumb.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Matt,

I am really starting to become a huge fan of your work, these photos are great! clap.gif Keep them coming!
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 12, 2006
    Very cool. One thing to give it more "Credibility" teach her to keep her finger off the trigger unless she is actually shooting. Having the index finger straight along the slide will give the appearance of experience handling weapons.

How did you get the muzzle flash? PS or was the prop designed to do it?
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    :rambo :photo :rambo :photo :rambo :photo

thumb.gifthumb.gif Nice.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    I think you did a great job with the photogrpahy, the blurry guns dont really bother me, either the blown out backgrounds, you see alot of that a=effect now adays for high drama, i wihs she ( the model has more "life" in her eyes, shes pretty , but there isnt any feeling or emotion in her eyes. the stalking shot by the train with the shadow is very Cool>
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    I like the concept and most of the photos. It kind of bugs me how the model has the same sort of "blank" look in each photo. Maybe if she looked at least a bit nervous about the bad guys shooting back ;)
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • artieartie Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Nice exposures and composition. Cute model too. I'm a real sucker for a pretty woman with firearms. On numbers 2 and 3 you did a good job of exposing her with the difficult backlighting, and no, the blown sky and soft focus on the pistol don't bother me at all. Definitely a fun set of photos.

The serious flaw I noticed immediately, and docwalker pointed out too, is the breaking of the rule "finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot." Take a look at a Dillon Precision catalog cover or any photo of a marine with his rifle and you'll see. Little details like that can really kill the effect. If you shoot any more of these, try using just one pistol and a two-handed grip. It'll make it easier for her to keep track of what she's doing and look better too, IMO.

For added realism, a couple of nice Kimbers would make a terrific substitute for the toy pistols. :rambo:):

Rick
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    that's fun & great imagination.
    elfving73 wrote:
    Hello friends!

Can you live with the burnt out sky, or is it one for the bin?
    yes, I can.
    elfving73 wrote:
    Same her, and the unsharp gun! *Bummer* Keeper or one for the bin?
    >>>it's a shame

>>>>>>this one's wayyyyy cool
    elfving73 wrote:
    64128921-O.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Matty as always amazing work
    #1 is my favorite I think although all excellent

Thanks
    Fred
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 12, 2006
    very, very HOT!!!

64128926-S.jpg

As if the pose and look weren't enough, the composition with the smooth curves of the rails off the right are just amazing. Wow!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 12, 2006
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you, Scott! Although rarely seen, I'm sure there are a few out there! mwink.gif
    These are truely awsome! Very sweet light. Though, credibilty is stretched just a bit - when have you ever seen, anywhere, law enforcement that looked that sweet!iloveyou.gif
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you, John! :):
    Very creative Matty and well executedthumb.gif
    edited April 12, 2006
    Hahaha! Thank you, Ivar! Cool to know that I have a fan! :D Then my photography isn't all in vain! thumb.gif

Regards
    ivar wrote:
    Matt,

I am really starting to become a huge fan of your work, these photos are great! clap.gif Keep them coming!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    very, very HOT!!!

64128926-S.jpg

As if the pose and look weren't enough, the composition with the smooth curves of the rails off the right are just amazing. Wow!

15524779-Ti.gif

how much time did it take you to put that skull on her belt in each picture?
    edited April 12, 2006
    Ok! *Bummer* Actually, I don't know anything about guns, so I didn't realize that. I'll keep that in mind til next time. This shoot was actually primarely a "try out". We have plans to do a more serious attempt when it gets a little warmer. Then there'll be no fingers on the trigger! thumb.gif

Yes, the muzzle flash was added in PS. :): Does it look realistic? I couldn't tell.

Regards / Matty
    docwalker wrote:
    Very cool. One thing to give it more "Credibility" teach her to keep her finger off the trigger unless she is actually shooting. Having the index finger straight along the slide will give the appearance of experience handling weapons.

How did you get the muzzle flash? PS or was the prop designed to do it?
    edited April 12, 2006
    Haha! Thank you, thank you, thaaank you! :D

:rambo :photo :rambo :photo :rambo :photo

thumb.gifthumb.gif Nice.
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you!
    Yes, I know... although we've done a few shoots togehter, and we know eachother very well, and she doesn't feel uncomfortable infront of the lens, she has problem to show of different expressions. She almost always have the same facial expression. I guess it's not all that easy. And, one shouldn't forget, she's not a "model". She's just a friend that poses for me just for the fun of it, time to time.

Regards / Matty
    CookieS wrote:
    I think you did a great job with the photogrpahy, the blurry guns dont really bother me, either the blown out backgrounds, you see alot of that a=effect now adays for high drama, i wihs she ( the model has more "life" in her eyes, shes pretty , but there isnt any feeling or emotion in her eyes. the stalking shot by the train with the shadow is very Cool>
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thanx! Why yes.... I know! That is a "problem". Check my reply to CookieS. :): We'll work on that!

Matty
    Halliday wrote:
    I like the concept and most of the photos. It kind of bugs me how the model has the same sort of "blank" look in each photo. Maybe if she looked at least a bit nervous about the bad guys shooting back ;)
    edited April 12, 2006
    Haha! Thank you, Artie! Yes, I guess I'm a sucker for pretty women with firearms too! So cool! Yes, that was a blunder! You know, I don't know anything about guns, so I didn't realize that we where breaking the rule. :): This shoot was more like an "try out"-shoot. We have plans to give it a more serious go later on, when it gets a little warmer. Then I promise you, there'll be no fingers on the trigger (unless ready to shoot).

Yes, Kimbers would be neat! (I had to check it up, as I said, dunno much about firearms). But I don't know where to get'em.

Thanx for your input!

Regards / Matty
    artie wrote:
    Nice exposures and composition. Cute model too. I'm a real sucker for a pretty woman with firearms. On numbers 2 and 3 you did a good job of exposing her with the difficult backlighting, and no, the blown sky and soft focus on the pistol don't bother me at all. Definitely a fun set of photos.

The serious flaw I noticed immediately, and docwalker pointed out too, is the breaking of the rule "finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot." Take a look at a Dillon Precision catalog cover or any photo of a marine with his rifle and you'll see. Little details like that can really kill the effect. If you shoot any more of these, try using just one pistol and a two-handed grip. It'll make it easier for her to keep track of what she's doing and look better too, IMO.

For added realism, a couple of nice Kimbers would make a terrific substitute for the toy pistols. :rambo:):

Rick
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you, Adrian! :Dthumb.gif

adrian_k wrote:
    that's fun & great imagination.

yes, I can.

>>>it's a shame

>>>>>>this one's wayyyyy cool
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you, Fred! thumb.gif
    USAIR wrote:
    Matty as always amazing work
    #1 is my favorite I think although all excellent

Thanks
    Fred
    edited April 12, 2006
    Thanx!
    Funny! I like this pic, but she didn't (very much). Because she think her face look flat, broad and weird. But if you ask me, I think she looks great on this pic! :):

DoctorIt wrote:
    very, very HOT!!!

64128926-S.jpg

edited April 12, 2006
    Thank you, Angelo! Thank YOU! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif:):
    Angelo wrote:
    Fantastic series of shots Matt
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 12, 2006
    It's a really neat shoot. Great idea, and execution. What is it about chicks and guns that's so attractive? iloveyou.gif I wouldn't be overly concerned about the trigger finger nit either. This is not a gun safety exercise.

Is it my imagination, or did a couple of those shots front-focus a tad on her dark contrasty jacket?

regards,
    -joel
  • arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Another small detail, but kinda crucial for believibility...

In addition to the "finger off the trigger till you shoot" comments, there is the technical issue of having two fingers on the trigger as well. It is not a credible pose. Additionally, placing thumbs over the rear of the slide of a semi auto, with fingers on the trigger would be a disasterous blunder in real life.

Small details, perhaps. What ever the prop, it's good advice to know the proper use of them, I believe, to make the images more credible to viewers eyes.
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 12, 2006
    Matty,
    Very nice work thumb.gifthumb.gif

The lighting in that fist shot is awesome. Your perspective and that lighting give the image an amazing feeling of depth. Almost 3-D like clap.gif

I also like the other shots, especially the one with the flame coming out of the gun barrel.

Excellent work and Veronica looks like she could be the next Angelina Jolie :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 12, 2006
    Like a lot of women that I know, they never like the shots that I do. She is very attractive and really should appreciate her photos. We really never see ourselves the same in a photo as we do in a mirror.

You can do an experiment with some people. Flip the photo in PS and see what reaction she has. That subtle change can make the difference to some.
    Then remind her that the first photo is how we see her.

And in my not so professional opinion, she is a cutie.

elfving73 wrote:
    Thanx!
    Funny! I like this pic, but she didn't (very much). Because she think her face look flat, broad and weird. But if you ask me, I think she looks great on this pic! :):
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Thanx!
    I'm #4... it's my favorite of the group
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.