"Perfectly Clear"

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited April 14, 2006 in Finishing School
In a recent post I was stating what a technologically amazing tool Perfectly Clear (a part of Bibble Labs new release) is. I inquired to the inventors of Perfectly Clear about availability in other products, and received the following reply:
Hi Richard,
To date, Perfectly Clear has only been available to manufactures, but we're currently developing some very cool stand alone software that will be available to you within the next couple of months. We will initially launch a stand-alone version, followed by a plug-in. I will contact you to let you know when it's ready.
PS - a light version of Perfectly Clear is also operating in SimpleStar's PhotoShow software (www.simplestar.com)
Thanks again for your interest
Kindest regards,
Brad Malcolm
World Headquarters:
Suite 2100, 801 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta Canada T2P 3W2

403-263-6022
brad@athentech.com
www.athentech.com
Perfectly Clear®…the world's fastest, smallest, most accurate, and most visually pleasing correction technology. Experience the power of digital.

Winner of the 2005 DIMA Innovative Award of the Year.

In my experience this tool does an amazing job of recovering detail at an optimum contrast and sharpness, particularly in underexposed and low light shots.

Comments

• dandilldandill Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    As I understand things, there is a real benefit to working at the level of RAW conversion, as the latest Bibble is able to do.

In the meantime, however, I am exploring HDR's Tone Mapping Plugin.
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    dandill wrote:
    As I understand things, there is a real benefit to working at the level of RAW conversion, as the latest Bibble is able to do.

In the meantime, however, I am exploring HDR's Tone Mapping Plugin.

Wow! :wow

I usually don't bother to bracket shots, but, I may have to try it just to see what can be accomplished with this program.
  • dandilldandill Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I usually don't bother to bracket shots, but, I may have to try it just to see what can be accomplished with this program.
    It turns out the plug-in can be used with single 16 bit images too, that is, without bracket exposures. Last night I played a little with the demo, and, provided the image is "clean" (low shadow noise), the results transformed some otherwise dull images.
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones