Cropping in PS before uploading

AMorganAMorgan Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am new to smugmug and I guess I am alittle confused about cropping before uploading. I know the best way would be not to crop at all and just upload the full pixel size of the picture. However, if I need to crop before uploading. Do I just go ahead and crop without any limitations set in the parameters and just try and not delete very many pixels? Or are there some parameters I should insert when I crop. Some pictures just need some cropping before uploading to be viewed on my site. Also, I saw the posts about dpi and how you should ignore them. However, my default setting is 300, should I just leave it at that or is there some other setting I should put it at (possibly 302 as discussed in the help section)? Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    AMorgan wrote:
    I am new to smugmug and I guess I am alittle confused about cropping before uploading. I know the best way would be not to crop at all and just upload the full pixel size of the picture. However, if I need to crop before uploading. Do I just go ahead and crop without any limitations set in the parameters and just try and not delete very many pixels? Or are there some parameters I should insert when I crop. Some pictures just need some cropping before uploading to be viewed on my site. Also, I saw the posts about dpi and how you should ignore them. However, my default setting is 300, should I just leave it at that or is there some other setting I should put it at (possibly 302 as discussed in the help section)? Thanks.
    wave.gif welcome to SmugMug and Dgrin!

Leave at 300. Crop as little as possible without changing or worrying about DPI.

I hope this helps :D
  • AMorganAMorgan Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif welcome to SmugMug and Dgrin!

Leave at 300. Crop as little as possible without changing or worrying about DPI.

I hope this helps :D

Thanks, this does help. One last thing, is it okay to leave the parameters blank when cropping?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    AMorgan wrote:
    Thanks, this does help. One last thing, is it okay to leave the parameters blank when cropping?

It sure is!