AFS OR not FOR NIKON D2h ?????

CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited April 12, 2006 in Cameras
Well I just sent back a defective 80-200 AFS lesn. Now they have another one but Im wondering do i really need it. the AFS, or should i just get a Brand NEW 80-200 ED?? this is for my backup camera the D2H, I know Ill have the glass when i upgrade, when ever that would possibly be. I also have the 80-400 VR lens. i love the D2h except for the iso factors, noisy even at 400. is there a fix for that ? besides a d2x or D200. HA

Comments

• JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    I guess it depends on if you can afford it.

I have the 80-200 AF ED lens and I love it.

But then, you have 80-400 VR lens, which is a decent lens.

When I had my D2H, I really didn't get much noise at ISO 400. I'm assuming you have updated the firmware?
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Im leaning twords the NOn AFS as i like my old ones Bokah, and its a "backup camera" but the hoise bothers me, here is an example with the AFS lens( it worked/focused on close subjjects not far way) yes I checked the limit switch ;)

heres an example from one, Ill post a 100 crop later.
    edited April 12, 2006
    now at 400 on the second the focus was bit off, the raail was sharp he was behind, but really shows the noise issue.
    edited April 12, 2006
    last one, I thought it had the latest firmwae, i love this camera but want better image quality. they look like underexposed? grainy and except for the first one soft.( horse just behind my focal plane at F4.5 these were jpegs straight from camera, RAW is not any better.