Walking a desolate road.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited April 13, 2006 in People
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've been around, quite a few months. During that time I'd lost a lot of inspiration for photography, I couldn't figure out anything new to do, and was too busy working and earning money at the time anyway.
Recently I took a road trip to Oregon, I got back on Sunday night to be precise. During that period of time, I took a lot of new photographs, trying to figure out if I could get anything good. I didn't exactly get much of what I wanted, nor the quality of what I wanted, but I did get some that impressed me more than I thought they would. They aren't the greatest, but better than I myself had expected.

This was shot in the sand dunes of Coos Bay, my friend Jed was walking with his back turned to me, and I took the opportunity.

dunes6rd.jpg

Remember, this is the first time in months that I've attempted photography, I hope it's not a disappointment. Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks.
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• Alexandra_MarieAlexandra_Marie Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Nice photo.
    It looks like that tree is about to fall on your friend.
    I like the contrast of the ground and trees with the red jacket.
    Very nice. clap.gif
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the ones that take our breath away.
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    Nice to have you back. I like the shot - it has tension and the red jacket is a nice touch. Is it high key on purpose, or is the sand really that light-colored?
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2006
    WOW !!! Amazing shot, the contrast is great, looks like a black and white. That doesn't look like sand at all to me, more like snow, some really white sand. Nice Job.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    i too like this shot but i think the sand should be less white...i saw the original and it's not that white. plus i've been there! the sand isn't that white. but it looks good regardless. way to go tyler. i just need to get back in the game now.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    Well let's go on a road trip to Oregon then for a weekend. You can do some cool conceptual out there in nature, not just nature shots. :)
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.