Options

Your Required Dose of Dance Photos...

ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
edited April 14, 2006 in People
Since dance is a yet still semi-underground modern art, I consider myself very lucky to have the connection to my 62 dancers that worked on the show this year, and the blessing of the head of the dance school here locally.

As a treat, every few days for the next few weeks, I'll be posting the best from my 1400 photos from the 2 shows (42 different pieces) this year.
("Too Many Dots")
crw_1769_01.jpg

(Larissa H. - "Hunting Bears")

crw_1693_01.jpg

crw_1694_01.jpg

crw_1701_01.jpg

(Sexual Healing - C. Baugmater & M. Riccio)

crw_0420_01.jpg

crw_1731_01.jpg

crw_0427_01.jpg

And last but not least...

This shot is special. This shot was published on the Cover Page of a Local Newspaper. There's NOTHING more ego-stroking (or maybe humbling, to a point), than having your photos PLASTEREd across every news-stand you come across.

I think they made a very good choice. The shot looks BEAUTIFUL at 16x20.

("The Bodies Perspective")

crw_0705_01.jpg

I'll post more from the Bodies Perspective in my next post. Of all of the pieces in the show, it probably scored me my highest number of beautiful photos.
- Scott
http://framebyframe.ca
[Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
[Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
[Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
[Tripod]
Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
[Head] 484RC2, 200RC2

Comments

• Options
    ryan_wedemeyerryan_wedemeyer Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    i'm digging 1 & 3 .
  • Options
    prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    those are awesome! wonderful lighting. was it a professional show or was it a local dance school putting it on? looks like you had a great time taking to pictures too. lots of good ones. i look forward to see more!
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    I looked at the first and thought 'that's ok, original, good colours'
    then the next - 'yes that's alot better'
    and each one after that got better & better.

I love the use you've made of the shiny floor.

The fourth is terrific clap.gifthumb.gif (even better than the last mwink.gif ).

...and I don't 'do' dance - I do science/tech. But these give an appreciation of the body & muscle tone.
    Since dance is a yet still semi-underground modern art, I consider myself very lucky to have the connection to my 62 dancers that worked on the show this year, and the blessing of the head of the dance school here locally.

As a treat, every few days for the next few weeks, I'll be posting the best from my 1400 photos from the 2 shows (42 different pieces) this year.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    Since Scott hasn't answered...
    We're both students of the Ryerson Theatre School -- essentially a "top tier" theatre school in Canada (for those of you who don't know ;) ).
    These are shots from an annual production called "Choreographic Works," in which the dancers from the Ryerson Dance program choregraph their own short pieces, and the lighting design is done by Technical Production students in a Dance Lighting class as a final project. It is one of the 12 productions Ryerson stages each year. (Scott designed the lighting for one of the pieces too, actually. I didn't take the class... I'm not sure whether I regret it or not?)

Scott is kind of the "official Choreo photographer," and he does a fabulous job, as you can see. I hope he gets more pics up soon!
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2006
    HeldDown wrote:
    Since Scott hasn't answered...
    We're both students of the Ryerson Theatre School -- essentially a "top tier" theatre school in Canada (for those of you who don't know ;) ).
    These are shots from an annual production called "Choreographic Works," in which the dancers from the Ryerson Dance program choregraph their own short pieces, and the lighting design is done by Technical Production students in a Dance Lighting class as a final project. It is one of the 12 productions Ryerson stages each year. (Scott designed the lighting for one of the pieces too, actually. I didn't take the class... I'm not sure whether I regret it or not?)

Scott is kind of the "official Choreo photographer," and he does a fabulous job, as you can see. I hope he gets more pics up soon!

Working on Choreo was an honor, and a treat.

I designed lights for 3 pieces, none of which were posted here today. (I'll let y'all know when I do).

Choreographic Works is the culmination of modern dance creation at our school. It's the chance for students to break out, and try new things, in a professional environment.

Thanks for all the kind words. In 3 days, you'll get another taste!
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    As a former dancer, I REALLY love these shots. 3 & 4 are just wonderful! clap.gif