Sveta

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited April 14, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
One more 'near window' portrait. R1.
3764.jpg
Light is coming from above and from below... big window... BTW her name is cooperated with light - Sveta...
--
Spasibo

Comments

• DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Your photographs always amaze me Yuri. thumb.gif
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    i like what i see.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Very nice
    I love the natural light! If I can it's always my number one choice, especially window light.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 14, 2006
    Yuri,

I love it. Very unusual lighting, but it works awfully well here. A tiny little problem is with the lower light and her upper lip. It looks a little odd.

It's so nice to see people without their heavy coats on.

Thanks,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Nice portrait ... I think a little darkening of the lower left and lips might make anoready god pix even better.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Yuri,

could you post a failed shot? please... it's really hard to look at all your pics and not feel inadequate :D
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    When you line them up side by side, LeDude, they are just one technically perfect portrait after another, in similar poses and lighting, with similar processing and technique, one beautiful girl after the other. The reason I no longer comment is because I find the pictures lack variety... they are always so similar. Yuri has a large fanbase here on Dgrin because his work is technically perfect and he is very prolific, however artistically, I believe they leave more to be desired. His older work (a year or so ago) was much more experimental and interesting, IMO.

Of course, there is something to be said for this consistency and amazing talent, but even the greatest portrait artists of all time (Karsh, etc) varied their compositions and lighting while remaining "the best."
  • FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Dont mess it up!!
    Back in Nebraska we have an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" When you get something that comes together well, don't adjust too much or you may get off the paths of your style. Peter Gowland used to tell me about certin rules in the way he did portraits and people. You can deviate with the variety, but keep the rules in line of your style.

Excellent work, Yurithumb.gif
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Excellent Yuri.

As always.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Very well done!clap.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D