Options

CH-62 --- Poor-Us! Another weekend project...

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited April 14, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK guys,

I've got my new D50 in hand - and so I want to get serious about these challanges. So here's my first crack at this one.

Please help me with the two photos I'm thinking of submitting.

64419300-L-1.jpg

64419306-L-1.jpg

Thank you soooo much!
Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    I like the first one the best. Also, I think this particular image would be better in black & white - reason being that there is nothing in the colors that really make the image stronger. The colors are relatively un-exciting. So, I would desaturate it, and it will be fabulous.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Oakley wrote:
    OK guys,

I've got my new D50 in hand - and so I want to get serious about these challanges. So here's my first crack at this one.

Please help me with the two photos I'm thinking of submitting.

64419300-L-1.jpg
    Thank you soooo much!

I like this one too. I think the B&W might be even more interesting. I also like that it is a photograph, not just a picture.:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    maegandoughertymaegandougherty Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    I really like the first one, too. I actually like it in color. The trees look cool in the background.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    THe shot I would like to see is from the inside out.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    THe shot I would like to see is from the inside out.

I agree - but I wasn't sure I was allowed to be there in the first place. :uhoh

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think later today I'll convert it to B/W and see how it looks.

I wish I could go back to that spot and take 100 more pictures - and use different lenses besides my one and only 50mm 1.8.

I haven't heard a comment on the sharpness. I really cranked it up on my RAW image - anyone think it's just too much?

Thanks
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]