so so windows

AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited April 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
Not sure if this is a very good picture, but I find it interesting.

Coments and criticisims very much appreciated.

64008428-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 14, 2006
    I love shots like this. Nice job thumb.gif. I think this one would profit from a black and white conversion, or at least tweaking the curves to increase the contrast a bit.

Cheers,
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    I like it. Excellent Depth of feild. Well done.
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Good eye for seeing a pix where most others just walk on by.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I love shots like this. Nice job thumb.gif. I think this one would profit from a black and white conversion, or at least tweaking the curves to increase the contrast a bit.

Cheers,

15524779-Ti.gif Excellent shot that would greatly benefit from more contrast whether in black and white or color. You did an excellent job cropping & lining it up!! Love the detail. thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Annabella wrote:
    Not sure if this is a very good picture, but I find it interesting.

Coments and criticisims very much appreciated.

I like this shot too thumb.gif looks a Grand Old Building....... gosh they just don't make 'em like that these days...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Nice photo! Good eye for seeing that. I agree that it would look very nice with a good B&W conversion.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    I love architecture shots. You did a great job. Detail is nice. Would be nice to see black and white and don't know what it would do, but taken in wide angle from the same perpective would be an interesting twist.
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    Thanks
    thank you very much everybody.

I tried the black & white conversion you all suggested, decreased the contrast and wasn't very satisfied with it.

64532080-M.jpg

Then I tried sepia I liked that a little better.

64532083-M.jpg

I'm not sure what is meant by "curves" so I adjusted the contrast then the saturation by a little bit. I think that looks a lot better.

64534230-M.jpg

Here is the building from across the street. I think I'll go back and do the same shot on the older section of the building with the arched windows.

64532085-M.jpg
  • Dave_RG40Dave_RG40 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    Curves.. is a tool in Photoshop and other software that changes the ratio of pixels in the image. Adds or takes away the amount of 'options' each colour has to offer different effects.

At least that is how I understand it. It is an Image Adjustment Tool in most software... When activated, there is usually a square... and a line - diagonal, that you can drag around for diff effects.

Oh I like the building! Really like the Sepia as well.

NICE!

Dave
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Dave_RG40 wrote:
    Curves.. is a tool in Photoshop and other software that changes the ratio of pixels in the image. Adds or takes away the amount of 'options' each colour has to offer different effects.

At least that is how I understand it. It is an Image Adjustment Tool in most software... When activated, there is usually a square... and a line - diagonal, that you can drag around for diff effects.

Oh I like the building! Really like the Sepia as well.

NICE!

Dave

Look here and give it some pop

Your second trys are very good I like them better
    Fred