cannot save Customize Gallery setting

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited April 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am having a lot problems saving my customize gallery settings with names that begin with "PRIV" or "PRIVATE".

The worked earlier, I was able to create 3. But one of them was set incorrectly so I deleted it. I cannot recreate it. It does not give me an error, but the setting is not saved into my pull-down list.

Please help. Thank you.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 14, 2006
    jchin wrote:
    I am having a lot problems saving my customize gallery settings with names that begin with "PRIV" or "PRIVATE".

The worked earlier, I was able to create 3. But one of them was set incorrectly so I deleted it. I cannot recreate it. It does not give me an error, but the setting is not saved into my pull-down list.

Please help. Thank you.
    Hmm... I was just able to create and delete a template called "PRIVATE testing" without any problems. Was there a specific template name you were trying? And what was the name of the original template you deleted?

64472806-M.jpg
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Hmm... I was just able to create and delete a template called "PRIVATE testing" without any problems. Was there a specific template name you were trying? And what was the name of the original template you deleted?

64472806-M.jpg

I was creating the custom settings in one of the "Private Friends" galleries and had problems.

I was able to create the same custom setting in another "private" gallery.
    There is a problem. I can reproduce it.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2006
    jchin wrote:
    There is a problem. I can reproduce it.

OK if you don't mind, please list the exact steps to reproduce, and we'll look into asap.

Thanks!
    edited April 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK if you don't mind, please list the exact steps to reproduce, and we'll look into asap.

Thanks!

I just tried again ... now it works. Was there a database issue about 30 minutes ago? I cannot reproduce the problem right now.

Thanks.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 16, 2006
    jchin wrote:
    I just tried again ... now it works. Was there a database issue about 30 minutes ago? I cannot reproduce the problem right now.

Thanks.

I don't know of any database issues that occurred that day, but it's certainly possible. It's also quite possible that you found a bug, but can no longer reproduce it. Trust me, it happens all the time when we're testing new features ourselves and I'm sure quite a few strange bugs sneak through that we either don't notice or can't reproduce to fix.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited April 16, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    I don't know of any database issues that occurred that day, but it's certainly possible. It's also quite possible that you found a bug, but can no longer reproduce it. Trust me, it happens all the time when we're testing new features ourselves and I'm sure quite a few strange bugs sneak through that we either don't notice or can't reproduce to fix.

Thanks. Digital Grin and SmugMug has been great! I love the services. thumb.gif

I'll keep you posted if I find any more anomalies or bugs. headscratch.gif

Happy Easter!
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug