Options

Wanted: Realistic Watercolor PS Action

faceonmarsfaceonmars Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited October 19, 2004 in Finishing School
Howdy,

Although Photoshop may not be the most ideal app to use for creating digital watercolor renditions of photos, I'm comfortable with Photoshop and just don't have the time to learn a new graphics app. I've done some experimenting, trying to create an acceptable watercolor with Photoshop, without much luck. I've tried a few free actions that I've found, but none look very good.

Has anyone used a watercolor action that actually looks realistic? I know it's possible to create some outstanding watercolor work with Photoshop, I've seen it, but the the artists keep their technique a secret.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    faceonmars wrote:
    Howdy,

Although Photoshop may not be the most ideal app to use for creating digital watercolor renditions of photos, I'm comfortable with Photoshop and just don't have the time to learn a new graphics app. I've done some experimenting, trying to create an acceptable watercolor with Photoshop, without much luck. I've tried a few free actions that I've found, but none look very good.

Has anyone used a watercolor action that actually looks realistic? I know it's possible to create some outstanding watercolor work with Photoshop, I've seen it, but the the artists keep their technique a secret.

Jim
    Can't help you with the water color problem, I always use Photoshop for everything but welcome to the site wave.gif There will be others who may be able to help you faceonmars.
    Lynn
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    try searching for "watercolor action" here

faceonmars wrote:
    Howdy,

Jim