Options

*** challenge 22: alone or together -- a few comments ***

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 19, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
i will try to pick out from each challenge a few of the finalists, that can be shown as examples of good work.

what i liked about this shot: the symmetry. the bw is really good. i'm drawn to look at the two subjects, and find out what they are about. there's a feast of visual objects here, lines, curves, angles, and a strong focal point. the shot keeps me engaged.

8992740-S.jpg

gubbs has a great eye, and he didn't disappoint here, either at shoot or in post. it's a dramatic photograph, quite pleasing. the couple, silhouetted, surrounded by all the little tiny bubbles of the surf. i think the only improvment may be to shoot wider even, but that's probably a personal bent :D

9385235-S.jpg

this photo is classically composed, and very pleasing to look at. the ess curve leads the viewer waaay into the photograph, the colors and exposure is spot on, and there's no doubt about the subject matter - alone.

9297673-S.jpg

this doesn't take away from ginnette, gthang, spockling, and johnnydanger's fine works.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    Thanks andy, I agree about going wider, in the camera lcd I thought it was right, but as soon as I saw it on the pc screen I knew it could have been better.

BTW that's me and my wife, tripod and timer in action, it was great fun trying to shoot :D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks andy, I agree about going wider, in the camera lcd I thought it was right, but as soon as I saw it on the pc screen I knew it could have been better.

BTW that's me and my wife, tripod and timer in action, it was great fun trying to shoot :D

gubbs - your wife is hot, letting you guys make out on the beach like that for the camera! iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

i'm jealous.