Options

Ch 62 - Say Cheese

dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
edited April 15, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
First try at Ch62. Comments and critiques welcome as always.

Say Cheese
Taken: 2006-04-14
64502119-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    I like the picture and the setup but to me it doesn't say porous.

After I read your post title and before I saw your pic I was envisioning a wedge of swiss cheese with holes in it and I could see through to the other side. Maybe placing something behind the cheese so it isn't just black emptiness but also make sure it doesn't compete for attention.

Just my .02

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2006
    Thanks for your feedback Eric. Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the lack of holes as well.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    hey there! very interesting photo! the little mouse is a nice touch and the lighting placement in my opinion is in the correct spot.

about the holes, you CAN make more holes by easily heating up a metal rod such as a screw driver or maybe one of those tools you poke the turkey with at thanksgiving (i dont know the precise name for it ne_nau.gif).

one thing that did bother me however, were the red orange colors located atop the cheese, was that really on cheese or was it the cameras fault?

you can clone it out on ps or even just highlighting the area and replacing those spots with the same color as the cheese might help take the viewer's eyes from looking at the certain detail.

otherwise, its a great idea. see if you can re-shoot it with more holes!!
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    hey there! very interesting photo! the little mouse is a nice touch and the lighting placement in my opinion is in the correct spot.

about the holes, you CAN make more holes by easily heating up a metal rod such as a screw driver or maybe one of those tools you poke the turkey with at thanksgiving (i dont know the precise name for it ne_nau.gif).

one thing that did bother me however, were the red orange colors located atop the cheese, was that really on cheese or was it the cameras fault?

you can clone it out on ps or even just highlighting the area and replacing those spots with the same color as the cheese might help take the viewer's eyes from looking at the certain detail.

otherwise, its a great idea. see if you can re-shoot it with more holes!!

it looks to me like the red colors on the top are from the wax coating on the cheese itself....should be easily peel off for another shot......
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2006
    Thanks Mr. Peas. That orange thing is the packaging label. I forgot to take it off before shooting. I tried cloning it out in post but the edges looked too sharp. I guess I'll take it off before I reshoot. I was surprised when I went to the deli yesterday that swiss cheese actually has very few holes. Or maybe that was just the cheap local stuff. ne_nau.gif