Options

How to's?

Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited April 15, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I dunno if this is the place for this thread.

I've seen some of my threads/posts that I think are long dead and not in need of reading anymore. How do I delete my own stuff? I thought I saw how to do it a week ago, but now I can't find how to do it.

Or do I just have to delete myself (if that can even be done) off the forum and come back as a newby again? Someday, I may come up with a better ID anyway. I don't mind starting over.:cool

Usually every 3 months or more, a sweep is done by the admin.

Thanks!
http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
Camera: Nikon D50
Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x
Bag: Canon 200DG

Printer: Canon PIXMA iP6700D

Fisher-Advent Audio

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    I dunno if this is the place for this thread.

I've seen some of my threads/posts that I think are long dead and not in need of reading anymore. How do I delete my own stuff? I thought I saw how to do it a week ago, but now I can't find how to do it.

Or do I just have to delete myself (if that can even be done) off the forum and come back as a newby again? Someday, I may come up with a better ID anyway. I don't mind starting over.:cool

Usually every 3 months or more, a sweep is done by the admin.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're asking - we don't delete old posts here :D
  • Options
    Zoom RaiderZoom Raider Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'm not sure what you're asking - we don't delete old posts here :D

Oh, just wondering if the admin can delete just my old threads and posts. Not anyone elses. I use to be a member of a couple of other forums. Actually, I still am, just haven't been in them in several months.

They do what they call a "forum-sweep",`cos they say, eventually the site will overload and lock-up if too many threads and posts remain on them and more and more keep coming in.

I use to be able to delete any thread and/or post at those forums, and I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me,`cos I really thought I saw a button in here somewhere that deletes them.

Since I can't find that button, that's why I was wondering if the admin would go ahead and do it for me. Just mine only. My old threads/posts are dead and lame anyway.rolleyes1.gifAs for my pics, most of them (to me) are pitiful.headscratch.gif
    http://mostamazingprophecies.com

My Gear
    Camera: Nikon D50
    Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
    Flash: Nikon SB600 SpeedLight
    Vertical Powergrip: Opteka Platinum Series
    Flash Diffuser: Lightsphere II (Clear)

Teleconverter: Quantaray 2x
    Lens Filters: 2 SunPak UV 58mm

Card: Lexar Platinum II 512mb/60x
    Bag: Canon 200DG

Printer: Canon PIXMA iP6700D

Fisher-Advent Audio
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    Oh, just wondering if the admin can delete just my old threads and posts. Not anyone elses. I use to be a member of a couple of other forums. Actually, I still am, just haven't been in them in several months.

They do what they call a "forum-sweep",`cos they say, eventually the site will overload and lock-up if too many threads and posts remain on them and more and more keep coming in.

I use to be able to delete any thread and/or post at those forums, and I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me,`cos I really thought I saw a button in here somewhere that deletes them.

Since I can't find that button, that's why I was wondering if the admin would go ahead and do it for me. Just mine only. My old threads/posts are dead and lame anyway.rolleyes1.gifAs for my pics, most of them (to me) are pitiful.headscratch.gif

Hi Zoom, sorry, we don't do that.
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2006
    plus it would make your total post count go to like 3... if you exclude these posts.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com