Bee in a flower

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited April 16, 2006 in Holy Macro
Well I went out to try and find something interesting to shoot with my 100 Macro and all I could find was this bee in a flower. I had a couple other shots I would have liked better but my lighting was horrid and my DOF was off. I am shooting with a 580EX on an RRS flash arm with a Light Sqhere diffuser. I am having problems because I cannot get the flash where I want it. Mainly the flash is too far past the subject that it is almost back lighting it. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll try the old milkcarton and paper towel diffuser. Comments and critique always welcome.

64578889-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    Doing The Lay Down Crawl
    gluwater wrote:
    Well I went out to try and find something interesting to shoot with my 100 Macro and all I could find was this bee in a flower. I had a couple other shots I would have liked better but my lighting was horrid and my DOF was off. I am shooting with a 580EX on an RRS flash arm with a Light Sqhere diffuser. I am having problems because I cannot get the flash where I want it. Mainly the flash is too far past the subject that it is almost back lighting it. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll try the old milkcarton and paper towel diffuser. Comments and critique always welcome.

Those bees really go to town on some flowers don't they rolleyes1.gif
    I use my 100 Macro with a 580EX, but I leave mine mounted on the camera with a diffuser........ I'd love one of those flexible jointed arms, only they are not cheap to buy, but least you can manipulate it into an position you want.......... this shot looks fine to me..... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin