Spring Symphony

StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
edited April 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
64497732-L.jpg64677436-L.jpg
64677441-L.jpg64677451-L.jpg64677458-M.jpg
Dana
** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
no birds sang there except those that sang best.
~Henry Van Dyke

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    I like the 3-5th shots. The first two I think could use a different perspective. In the first one if you got closer to the ground and used a small DOF to get the closer flowers in focus and blur the further ones. Plus I think it would get rid of the street from the picture. Nice springtime shots.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Looks like your Christmas fern is unfurling now like mine :) I'm looking forward to my cinamon fern being completely unfurled. I love those.

I like those wildflowers in the bottom center. We've got a lot of those too under the old oaks. They're very pretty.
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    I like the 3-5th shots. The first two I think could use a different perspective. In the first one if you got closer to the ground and used a small DOF to get the closer flowers in focus and blur the further ones. Plus I think it would get rid of the street from the picture. Nice springtime shots.

Thanks gluewater. That's my rendition of Street Photography. rolleyes1.gifI need to stop playing in traffic.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited April 17, 2006
    kygarden wrote:
    Looks like your Christmas fern is unfurling now like mine :) I'm looking forward to my cinamon fern being completely unfurled. I love those.

I like those wildflowers in the bottom center. We've got a lot of those too under the old oaks. They're very pretty.

I'm not sure if that's a Christmas Fern or not. They grow wild all over the woods here. We've just always called them Fiddle Heads. Thanks for looking.
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited April 17, 2006
    I'm not sure if that's a Christmas Fern or not. They grow wild all over the woods here. We've just always called them Fiddle Heads. Thanks for looking.

Right. Besides being sold in garden centers, it's a fairly widespread native:
    http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/ferns/polystichumacro.html
    edited April 17, 2006
    kygarden wrote:
    Right. Besides being sold in garden centers, it's a fairly widespread native:
    http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/ferns/polystichumacro.html

Cool, that's them alrighty.

Your are very knowledgable about horitculture and from what I've seen your gardens are just lovely. Do you work in the industry or is this just a hobby?
    Dana
    ~Henry Van Dyke
    edited April 17, 2006
    Cool, that's them alrighty.

Your are very knowledgable about horitculture and from what I've seen your gardens are just lovely. Do you work in the industry or is this just a hobby?

Thanks for the compliment :) No, I'm not in the business...it's just a hobby. I find it very relaxing and rewarding. I would love to be in the business though! My dream day at work would be rising at the break of dawn...having a nice cup of coffee while looking out my window at my personal garden as the sun began to pour in the window....then out to the greenhouse or fields to tend to the plants. No rush hour, no nothing :) Of course, my dream job would be where I could work on my own without employees.