Spring button macro shots R1

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited April 21, 2006 in Holy Macro
We had a lovely day and I shot some macro of coming spring. What do you think? I really would like to know and appreciate your comments. Any favorites? Why or why not :)
BTW the R1 is a very nice cam for this kind of shots imho.

64701012-L.jpg

64701188-L.jpg

64701089-L.jpg

64701234-L.jpg

64701329-L.jpg

64701398-L.jpg

Comments

• tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    I favor the first two & like the second best. The backgrounds are nice and creamy & are a good complement to the subject. The others have busy backgrounds with some harsh lighting. I find it difficult to try and aware of backgrounds, especially when shooting such small subjects. I find it best to avoid the very bright backgrounds and try to match up the brightness of the background somewhat to that of the subject. The best backrounds provide a nice complementary color as your first two shots do. The sharpness of your subjects is great on all of them. Thanks for sharing these.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2006
    Hi Thomas, here is another version of #1
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I favor the first two & like the second best. The backgrounds are nice and creamy & are a good complement to the subject. The others have busy backgrounds with some harsh lighting. I find it difficult to try and aware of backgrounds, especially when shooting such small subjects. I find it best to avoid the very bright backgrounds and try to match up the brightness of the background somewhat to that of the subject. The best backrounds provide a nice complementary color as your first two shots do. The sharpness of your subjects is great on all of them. Thanks for sharing these.
    Thank you for your constructive criticisme, that really helps. The flexible AF of the R1 works like a charm. The next thing to do is hold the cam still, not always easy :D, but it was fun to do. I never did so much macro, but I really start to like it. I reworked #1 to give it some more pop.

64761981-L.jpg
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Nice!
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Hi there Adrian
    We had a lovely day and I shot some macro of coming spring. What do you think? I really would like to know and appreciate your comments. Any favorites? Why or why not :)
    BTW the R1 is a very nice cam for this kind of shots imho.

Nice and sharp Adrian............ new buds, new life, you expressed it well.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited April 18, 2006
    Thanks, Thomas
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Nice!
    I send in for the macro dprchallenge. Some people said I should do so and I'm a very obedient guy rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited April 18, 2006
    Hi there Skippy
    Skippy wrote:
    Nice and sharp Adrian............ new buds, new life, you expressed it well.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Yep, I like me pictures sharp :D Thanks.

I saw that you will attend the shootout which reminds me taht I have to send the candy cause I'm the Official Candy Sponsor whatever that may be .ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Great work Adrian congrats looks like you are enjoying your new machinemwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited April 21, 2006
    Sorry for late reply, Awais
    Great work Adrian congrats looks like you are enjoying your new machinemwink.gif

I've been busy :D Yes, I like my R1 very much. A very nice cam. clap.gif Thnx !