Options

SOLD: Mint Rolleiflex 6006 + Planar 80/2.8 T* HFT

glovedesignerglovedesigner Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited May 4, 2006 in Flea Market
It's time for me to reduce of my mechanical camera collection and buy more digital photo equipment! I would like to give Dgrinners a last chance to purchase this fine medium format camera before I put it on ebay for auction. The equipment and all accessories are in mint condition. Two rechargable batteries, battery charger and original user's manual are included. I have over 400 (100%) positive feedbacks with ebay (leicaleicam6m6). I would like to get $750 (ground shipping and insurance included to 48 continantal US States) Please add 3% if you prefer to use Paypal (rlee200@hotmail.com). Please email me or PM me if interested!

glovedesigner

Comments

• Options
    edited April 17, 2006
    I also accept trade with Leica M series body or Canon or Nikon digital DSLR equipment or lenses.
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Killer Deal on this...the Planar f2.8 T* is one of the sharpest contrastiest lenses you will ever come across, and the Rollei one of the most advanced 6x6 slr's ever made. If I hadn't just purchased my 30D, I'd be all over this.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2006
    Please, can you explain the viewfinder on this camera?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    It is a chimney finder
    The finder flips up from rear to front to reveal ground glass which uses a mirror to reflect the view through the lens. The image is reversed as you are looking at the direct image off of the mirror, not one corrected by a pentaprism. You can convert this finder with an image corrected 45 degree prism finder for eye level use. The 6006 45 degree finder is about 500 bucks, reverse finder use isn't as tough as it seems once you get the hang of it, and the Rollei split and ground glass is one of the brightest and clearest ever made.
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2006
    Thank you Blurmore for answering the question for me!
    Life has just changed these few years since the advancement of DSLRs. Many of my film cameras like the Leica M, Contax G, Nikon F2 and whole bunch of fine lenses are just sitting in the camera cases and not being used. I used the Rolleiflex few times many years ago for some wedding photography and the result was stunning! Few images were enlarged to 70 x 70 inches in the pro lab and the images were unbelievably beautiful! I hate to see this fine camera not being utilized and would like to find a good home for it! I'm just asking a fraction of what I paid for the camera. I have more high-res images of the camera and accessories that comes with it available, I can email to you if you're interested! As I have stated, I welcome trades too. I also welcome local dgrinners to make appointment with me and check out the camera in person. I live in Thousand Oaks, California. Thanks again Bluemore for your interest! Maybe we can work something out so that you can take that nice Rolleiflex home!! thumb.gif

glovedesigner
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2006
    Man, I'm having fantasies about this camera. It's not really a Rolleiflex, right? I mean it's not a twin lens reflex, but rather a SLR. Motor drive? Interchangeable backs? Problem is infrastructure. No darkroom. No medium format film scanner. What kind of film scanner matches the quality of this camera?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2006
    Indeed it's a SLR with interchangeable back, lens, view finder, built-in AE and motor drive. I think your fantasies is about the classic Rolleiflex GX TLR with 2.8 Planar T*. If you are looking for the image quality, this 6006 can give you the same thing for a fraction of the price.
    rutt wrote:
    Man, I'm having fantasies about this camera. It's not really a Rolleiflex, right? I mean it's not a twin lens reflex, but rather a SLR. Motor drive? Interchangeable backs? Problem is infrastructure. No darkroom. No medium format film scanner. What kind of film scanner matches the quality of this camera?
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2006
    No, I understand what this is and I'm still having fantasies. $750 + $20,000 for a digital back, and I'd be swinging.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2006
    Anybody interested? I'm planning to list this camera on ebay this weekend!
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2006
    Rolleiflex 6006 with Planar 80/2.8, batteries & charger
    Posted on ebay, will end Monday morning. New low price! Check it out!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7614584782&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    It was unsold and relisted for 3-day auction for $599! I'm giving the camera away! Check it out!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7615426031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Posted on ebay, will end Monday morning. New low price! Check it out!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7614584782&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    Sold
    SOLD!
    A very lucky guy from Canada won the auction for only $609!
    It is a loss for me but this is my last film camera to sell. I'm keeping all my Leica, Contax and Nikons for good!

It was unsold and relisted for 3-day auction for $599! I'm giving the camera away! Check it out!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7615426031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1