Category featured picture.

Nat-NatNat-Nat Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a category called "home and garden" containing a sub-category with 2 galleries (of gardening) and 1 home gallery.
On my main page, the picture illustrating the category must be absolutely the worst picture I have ! :uhoh
take a look if you wish :
http://nat-nat.smugmug.com/
I have been trying to change the picture but dont manage ! I can only decide on the galleries featured pictures..
Is there a way ? Heeeeelp ! :D

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2006
    Nat-Nat wrote:
    I have a category called "home and garden" containing a sub-category with 2 galleries (of gardening) and 1 home gallery.
    On my main page, the picture illustrating the category must be absolutely the worst picture I have ! :uhoh
    take a look if you wish :
    http://nat-nat.smugmug.com/
    I have been trying to change the picture but dont manage ! I can only decide on the galleries featured pictures..
    Is there a way ? Heeeeelp ! :D

wave.gif Hi and welcome.

I unfeatured it. Now, pick a different photo in that category, and go to photo tools, feature photo :D
  • Nat-NatNat-Nat Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi and welcome.

I unfeatured it. Now, pick a different photo in that category, and go to photo tools, feature photo :D

Hi Andy!! :D Err, I still see it. I went to the garden gallery, picked a picture, went to "feature picture" and nothing happened ! I feel slightly retarded ! :uhoh rolleyes1.gif
    where do I have to go to assign a special picture to a category ?
    edited April 16, 2006
    Nat-Nat wrote:
    Hi Andy!! :D Err, I still see it. I went to the garden gallery, picked a picture, went to "feature picture" and nothing happened ! I feel slightly retarded ! :uhoh rolleyes1.gif
    where do I have to go to assign a special picture to a category ?

"Arrange" the galleries in the category so the other gallery is first. I did that, featured a new photo for you. You can go to that photo, unfeature it, and feature a new one if you like thumb.gif
  • Nat-NatNat-Nat Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    "Arrange" the galleries in the category so the other gallery is first. I did that, featured a new photo for you. You can go to that photo, unfeature it, and feature a new one if you like thumb.gif

No, its perfect ! its the picture I wanted featured all along, gives a splash of colour ! :D
    Thank you so much Andy !!! clap.gif
    edited April 16, 2006
    Nat-Nat wrote:
    No, its perfect ! its the picture I wanted featured all along, gives a splash of colour ! :D
    Thank you so much Andy !!! clap.gif

How did I know lol3.gif

clap.gifclap.gif
  • ms9ms9 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    ok, makes sense, but...
    ...i actually want my sub-category feature photo to come from a different internal gallery, not the first one. i have them ordered by date inside, and don't want to change that. is there any way i can do this? the way i see it, i already pick the best photo for each gallery to feature there, then i want to pick the best one for the sub-category thumbnail just above from among those, which is not necessarily the first one. so i don't mind of course if it's the same image already featured for an inside gallery, though. what do you think? possible?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    ms9 wrote:
    ...i actually want my sub-category feature photo to come from a different internal gallery, not the first one. i have them ordered by date inside, and don't want to change that. is there any way i can do this? the way i see it, i already pick the best photo for each gallery to feature there, then i want to pick the best one for the sub-category thumbnail just above from among those, which is not necessarily the first one. so i don't mind of course if it's the same image already featured for an inside gallery, though. what do you think? possible?
    It hard coded in to draw the featured photo from the first only. That's the
    only thing I've heard and that there isn't any options. Just repeating what I've read.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog